PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Lighting

SainLawncare
05-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Any thoughts on expanding into Holiday Lighting? Is it worth it? Are there vendors to avoid or ones I should use? Is franchising the way to go? Marketing thoughts?

sprinklerchris
05-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Avoid a franchise. Buy from a local wholesaler; then you get what you want when you want it and service to back it up. No stocking requirements.

We buy the Seasonal Source line. http://www.seasonalsource.com

SainLawncare
05-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Awesome info! Thank you!

bcg
05-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I HATE holiday lighting. We did it for a few years and it was nothing but a hassle. Your experience may be different though.

Lite4
05-12-2011, 09:50 PM
HATE is a polite word that I would choose to severely under emphasize my current disdain for the occupation of holiday lighting. You are welcome to the freezing temps and frozen roofs.
Posted via Mobile Device

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Add my name to that list. I tried it for a season... put my heart and soul into a handful of jobs. The worst part for me (besides the weather conditions) was the temporary nature of it all. The tear down of my 'creations' and the storage issues were a drag. In the end, in my market, with my clients and their expectations... well it wasn't very profitable. Nothing but headaches.

This of course would / may not be the case in more traditional urban and suburban markets. I know of a couple of guys who do very well with it.

The Lighting Geek
05-16-2011, 01:02 PM
ME TOO! I will never do it again. There is a guy locally who has it down. He has a waiting list of customers, and he knows his business. He also does not do sprinklers nor landscape lighting. He has employees come to him year after year from all over to make great money in a few months. Some make 30k in one season.

He sends me his landscape lighting leads, I always send him the Christmas lighting leads with a bow on the them.