PDA

View Full Version : CAT 257b lost a roller!

ssprtman12
05-12-2011, 08:12 PM
so today on the job one of the undercarriage roller wheels fell of the machine. it had been running for a good 7hrs none stop over some pretty rough/uneven terrain with no problems, then at the last 2 trips of the day one of the brazilian guys brings over the wheel and a bunch of parts, and the metal pieces were HOT!!

The biggest question is, is it bad to run without it so that i can finish the job, or will that cause further more traumatic damage. . . its the last small wheel before the back larger idler wheel, and the outside roller.

Let me know if its a bad thing to keep running it

thanks,

ssprtman

icex
05-12-2011, 10:01 PM
so today on the job one of the undercarriage roller wheels fell of the machine. it had been running for a good 7hrs none stop over some pretty rough/uneven terrain with no problems, then at the last 2 trips of the day one of the brazilian guys brings over the wheel and a bunch of parts, and the metal pieces were HOT!!

The biggest question is, is it bad to run without it so that i can finish the job, or will that cause further more traumatic damage. . . its the last small wheel before the back larger idler wheel, and the outside roller.

Let me know if its a bad thing to keep running it

thanks,

ssprtman

I would NOT run it until the roller is replaced... you'll cause more damage and spend way more $$ in the end.

bobcat_ron
05-13-2011, 08:27 AM
You blew a bearing, you might want to take some time and roll each wheel with your hands to check for more bearing issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

Z'mnypit
05-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Happens on my 257 every once in a while. I just go buy some new bearings from motion industries and put it back together. Usually cost around $20 to put it back together. Theres a thread on here with a guy putting grease fittings in the rollers, Im thinking about trying that soon.

Ausman
05-15-2011, 06:48 PM
If it is a centree wheel you can run without it on, i just tape up the axle.

anyone know where to get those seals non genuine????

Z'mnypit
05-16-2011, 08:45 AM
http://www.trackloaderparts.net/Caterpillar-257B-05A-10-Middle-Bogey-Wheel-Assembly.aspx