PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer floor sagging.......

bodetsr
05-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I just bought a new 2011 Interstate 1 7x16 Enclosed trailer for the business this year. We aren't even barely 6 weeks into the season and I notice my floor is severely sagging where the rear tires of my two Bobcat's sit. I have the usual 3/4" plywood floors. Any suggestions on what I can do to either strengthen what I have, or what I can lay to eliminate this problem?????

nobagger
05-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Ours is doing the same thing after a couple season's. IDK about yours but where ours is sagging its not in line with a cross brace. About the only thing I can think of short of replacing the whole floor is laying a 4x8 piece of plywood over top. Try to line up the most weight over a cross beam.

360ci
05-15-2011, 08:56 AM
I'd replace the floor with some barnboard, 1" thick. It's durable stuff. Look around online in your area. Keep in mind that most plywoods are glued sheets. Heat from the interior of the trailer and machines after use will degrade the wood before the season is out. If you can get some good hardwood boards on the cheap that would be the route to go as well.

bodetsr
05-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the advice 360ci.......since it's raining in OH today, I'm going to look into that, and hopefully get my floor beefed up before the week starts all over again tomorrow.