PDA

View Full Version : diesel fuel treatments

grassmasterswilson
05-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Have a 2007 chevy with the last diesel engine before they all went low sulphur. What is the best fuel treatment to add at fill up? Lucas? How often? I'm looking to add some in order to prolong life and maybe increase mileage. Any tips or hints would be great.

Lawn Enforcer
05-14-2011, 11:28 AM
I have a diesel much older than yours, a 1989 Cummins, but I and many others have had great luck with Howe's Diesel Treatment, the yellow stuff in the clear bottle.

PonyExpress94
05-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I use the Motorcraft Cetane Booster and Performance Improver in my 2003 6.0 Diesel. I did not see any mileage improvements but the truck does run a little quieter and smoother. I use Power Service Diesel Kleen in the white bottle year round in my tractors and dozer every fill up.
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerbrad
05-18-2011, 11:12 PM
When I had my 6.5 diesel, I used Power Service in both the gray bottle and the white bottle. I used the white bottle stuff during the winter and never noticed any fuel mileage increase with that. The gray bottle, however, did seem to give me a slight boost to my mileage when I used it.

I would go a few tanks without any additive and when adding the gray bottle additive I noticed an increase of about .5-1 mpg.