PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Auto Insurance

Johnagain
05-15-2011, 05:54 PM
I just got my bill from All State for yearly insurance. I about fell over when I opened it as it went up 68% from last year. Nothing has changed, same coverages, same vehicles everything is the same. Are they freakin nuts? There is no way I'm going to pay that kind of increase. I'll start insurance shopping tomorrow. Has any one else experienced these kind of rate changes this year.

Keith
05-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Was it just your auto, or other stuff?

zturncutter
05-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Just got my State Farm homeowners renewal and it went up almost 100%.:dizzy: I'll have to try that with my customers sometime and see how that works out.:confused:

Keith
05-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah, same here. My homeowners was up big last year, and will be bigger this year. I would guess 100% over the last two years. Trucks, inland marine, and personal vehicles come on the same monthly bill. I haven't noticed a huge increase in the vehicles.

Florida Gardener
05-15-2011, 06:29 PM
I use start farm for my truck and trailer and it went up literally a couple of bucks. I have been very happy with start farm and have been with them for 8 years, since I started driving.
Posted via Mobile Device

Johnagain
05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Keith, It is 97 dodge and 93 toyota with 3 trailers and that's it. Liability and PIP only and it will cost 41 cents a mile. That's just crazy.

Zturn, They have just got us by the n*ts don't they. With gas doubling and insurance rate going crazy over the past year no wonder people are starting to do things illegally.

Johnagain
05-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Homeowners insurance went up very little last year, so I guess I'll get hit this year.

zturncutter
05-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah last year I got them to bring down the replacement cost of my house from 230,000 to 188,000 and actually got a slight decrease in premium. I have all my vehicles with them as well as disability and life. When I called to gripe the receptionist who has a nice newer home told me they had cancelled her last year, hell she works for them.

unkownfl
05-18-2011, 09:08 AM
do you have actual commercial insurance on your vehicle or business use? Most likely it's business use. You shouldn't need true commercial insurance until you hit like 30tons gvw. Call State Farm if you don't have many tickets maybe two at most and have no lapse in insurance with decent credit. If you don't have those you won't be eligible for insurance with SF now as new business.

Johnagain
05-18-2011, 09:35 PM
You're right unkownfl, It is a business policy. I didn't realize there was a difference. I left State Farm about 8 yrs. ago when they first started doing major rate hikes and All State was about 1/2 of what SF was. That will be the first place I call. I haven't had a ticket in over 25yrs, and my credit is excellent.

FLAhaulboy
05-19-2011, 09:50 PM
I just got my bill from All State for yearly insurance. I about fell over when I opened it as it went up 68% from last year. Nothing has changed, same coverages, same vehicles everything is the same. Are they freakin nuts? There is no way I'm going to pay that kind of increase. I'll start insurance shopping tomorrow. Has any one else experienced these kind of rate changes this year.

Shop around. I had Progressive for yrs. I asked my independent insur agent if she knew of any other that had a better deal, She checked and GMAC was like 100 bucks cheaper! I signed up with them. I'm now back with Progressive because GMAC raised their rates this yr & my progressive price is lower NOW, than when I first was with Progressive & far lower than the new rate increase from GMAC. It pays to shop around.