PDA

View Full Version : disappointed

zigbang
10-09-2002, 09:48 PM
As a new owner of a Hustler Z 60"/23 Kaw I was a little disappointed in reading posts by "gene gls". I only have about 30 hours on my machine and have no problems what so ever so far. I love running this unit and haven't exactly babied it but I sure hope "gene's" problems aren't the type I might be heading for. My other area of disappointment has to do with an alert from the CSPC regarding a recall on the Fastrak mowers due to a fuel line problem. I would have figured that a forum sponsored by Hustler would have made notice here. There seems to be a lot of loyal Hustler people here (myself included) and I feel that the proper thing for a company to do would be to take care of their loyal customers even when they have to admit their faults.
It's the only proper and upstanding thing to do.

mowerconsultant
10-09-2002, 10:50 PM
I am quite sure that you will have many many years of trouble free use, the problems that genegls is experiencing are a true rare experience. He has a strong dealer and he is being taken care of properly.
As for the FasTrak recall, we did have a post about it here on LS, also it is on our website, and every owner that was registered with the factory got a letter and were insrtucted to have there dealer fix the unit at no charge of course, and give them a set of blades to compensate them for the trouble.
Here is a link to the recall, it was posted by a member here, on the commercial forum where it was seen the most.

FasTrak Recall post (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32795&highlight=hustler+recall)

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are glad you are a customer of ours.

Later
Pj

P.S.
Who did you buy your unit from ?
I work with the dealers in Ohio very closely

mowerconsultant
10-09-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by zigbang
There seems to be a lot of loyal Hustler people here (myself included) and I feel that the proper thing for a company to do would be to take care of their loyal customers even when they have to admit their faults.
It's the only proper and upstanding thing to do.

I can guarantee you this is something we are very strong on, we have been building mowers since the 60's, and we are very proud of the product we build and the customer support behind the unit you buy.

Please e-mail me @ hustler@twcny.rr.com, if you ever have any problems or concerns with your unit, This is my real @ home e-mail and I respond to every e-mail I get, I will make sure you are a happy customer.

Later
Pj

zigbang
10-11-2002, 05:45 PM
Pj: Thanks for the response. You do a great job on this forum and I should have know better about the recall info. I wasn't "into" this site at the time the info was posted. You and Hustler are all top notch in what you are doing . I ended up buying my unit from a dealer in Indiana that I learned about on this site. I talked with them numerous times on the phone and they anwered all my questions and were very patient with me. They made the price attractive enough that I save a considerable amount of money. I saved the trucking charge by driving to the dealership and hauling the machine home...around 500 miles round trip...Like I said the savings where well worth it. I ended up buying the suspension seat...also on strong recommendation from a forum user...and am very happy with it. While I'm here, can I ask if they have a Donaldson Filter kit for the standard Z with the 23 Kaw? I'm familiar with Donaldson as being the premier type of filtration system. Thanks again for your personal interest in me and my Hustler. Keep up the great work!! David

mowerconsultant
10-11-2002, 06:21 PM
The standard Hustler Z with 23hp Kawasaki has the filter kit available through your Hustler dealer (local or otherwise).
It is a Hustler part # with Kawasaki carb parts in it, and gaskets, and of course the Donaldson filter kit.
The kit sells for $149.00 and includes all the brackets to mount the kit properly.
You will need to replace the jets in your carb or maybe possibly the whole carb. There are 2 different kits for the 23hp, E-mail me your engine serial # and I will e-mail you back your kit part # and the Hustler bulletin with pics of the set up in it.
hustler@twcny.rr.com

Later
Pj

Mowwithhustler's
10-24-2002, 06:07 PM
man hustlers are perfect mowers dont worry about any recalls untill it blows up so that mean u will never have to worry about the recalls lol u got a good mower

zigbang
10-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the post...I did a lot of research before buying my Hustler and I'm sure I made the right choice..especially after running it this past summer...not a bit of trouble so far and I can hardly wait for next season!! I think I might have one, maybe two mows at the most left this year. Hey, maybe I can figure out some way to mount a snow-blower on my Z!!