PDA

View Full Version : This is what to use for Mower Decks!

Dano50
05-18-2011, 05:14 PM
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/joyofFluidFilm/mowerdeck-1-1.jpg

DLAWNS
05-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Ya damn right it's what to use on mower decks! I will attest to that!

Turf Commando
05-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Ya damn right it's what to use on mower decks! I will attest to that!
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Commando
05-19-2011, 12:12 AM
At what cost makes it great? Can't one get same results with putty knife?
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
05-19-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm looking forward to trying some out when it gets here.

tallrick
05-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Or just make a stainless steel deck.

scagwildcat
05-19-2011, 06:00 AM
not to sound cheap, but i will not buy it until the price goes down a bit if it does at all, i have used it before and liked it, but i dont think its worth the price, forgive me for saying that, but it just cost to darn much to just spray it away! i can get drums of the cheaper stuff for the price of 5gals of fluid film and it works the same just doesnt last as long, i tried it on my plows and i still had to apply it before each storm..
also what does it do to the turf? will the chem. in it burn it?

93Chevy
05-19-2011, 06:06 AM
not to sound cheap, but i will not buy it until the price goes down a bit if it does at all, i have used it before and liked it, but i dont think its worth the price, forgive me for saying that, but it just cost to darn much to just spray it away! i can get drums of the cheaper stuff for the price of 5gals of fluid film and it works the same just doesnt last as long, i tried it on my plows and i still had to apply it before each storm..

It's not chemical-based, it's wool-wax based.

DLAWNS
05-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

No you can't. It prevents (for me anyway) I'd say about 85-95% of the buildup in the first place. Than any little bit that does eventually build up falls off like nothing. It is also preventing any kind of rust under the deck.

I'm not sure about the other stuff you've used but like 93Chevy said it is not chemical based and will not harm any turf or plant materials and is a whole lot safer to use than the competitor products.

This is in addition to it's million other great uses. Is it a little expensive? Maybe, but I think it is worth every penny and besides that I will always stay with them because Fluid Film and kellsport products have the best customer service as well as customer appreciation I have ever seen.

Dano50
05-19-2011, 10:48 AM
When talking about cost, you really need to focus on just how long it outlasts the cheaper, competitive products. Believe me, if you compared them side-by-side you would realize that you actually SAVE money by using FLUID FILM because of the amount of time between applications.

944own
05-19-2011, 11:01 AM
does anyone know where I can get a free sample I would like to try it.

Dano50
05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Just PM me and I'll get one right out. :)

Glenn Lawn Care
05-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

LOLing.... thats what I use!

nobagger
05-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Best stuff ever! We use it on everything, hedge clippers, lopper's, knives, plow's, V box chain's, undercoat the trucks with it. Never tried it under decks though but we will now. Our Gravely's, even after cutting tons of wet thick grass have zero build up thanks to the X Factor decks but anything that helps with rust is a good thing.

THEGOLDPRO
05-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I just scrape the decks every couple days. Problem solved.