PDA

View Full Version : What color should I paint the dump bed????

greenngrow
10-10-2002, 08:50 PM
I just wanted to get ideas on what color to paint my new dump bed.

The color of the cab is white. I put tool boxes under the bed on both side (black).

Just wanted to know what you guys have.

Send pictures if you gottem'.

Thanks in advance.

robert payer
10-10-2002, 10:21 PM
Green n grow,

You had stated that the cab is white, blue and white look outstanding together. White cab, blue dump body and matching blue lettering on the white cab. This color combo is a great attention getter.

Just my thoughts to consider.

Mykster
10-11-2002, 04:34 PM
I think it looks good if the box is the same color of your logo on the truck or the same color your trailer is. If you already painted your tool boxes black than I would do the same to the dump.

mdb landscaping
10-11-2002, 05:01 PM
i think black and white is a pretty sharp looking combo.

Bob Minney
10-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Black should look good.
Just finished painting the chip box on my old dodge-orange/white truck. started with white box & got great idea to match it to the truck:eek:
Somebody said "great pumkin"---- think I'll go back to white:blush:

cat320
10-11-2002, 09:45 PM
red,blue ,green or black all look good with the white cab.

GreginAlaska
10-11-2002, 10:06 PM
HOT PINK! It would be an attention getter. I can hear it now:

She : Hey Honey, have you seen that Hot Pink dump truck running around?

He: Uhh Yep. hmmff

She: When are you going to build that flowerbox? I'll call that guy to bring some topsoil for it.

He: Ya great, you're standing in front of the television.

:D

Naw, I vote for black too.

gslam88
10-12-2002, 12:24 AM
I vote for black

Take a look at the combo in color

http://adcache.trucktraderonline.com/4/4/2/32764842.htm

what do you think

Pete :D

Brickman
10-12-2002, 02:38 AM
I like hot pink.

If that doesn't work go with half red and half blue on the box to match the already white on the cab.

Red White, and Blue :)

HarryD
10-14-2002, 12:40 AM
theres a trucking outfit here in Omaha thats called PINK grading and they paint the hoods of all there dump trucks pink . when you see them you know for sure who's trucks they are :)

Guido
10-14-2002, 06:59 AM
a Black dump bed pretty much matches everything. What color is your trailer? That would be the other option for the bed.

Good Luck, post some pics when your done!

GreginAlaska
10-14-2002, 11:06 AM
We have a water well drilling company in town that is owned by 2 women. Their drill rig id painted hot pink...it is hard to forget after you see it rolling down the road. (That's what made me think of hot pink)

Grasshog
10-15-2002, 08:27 PM
You see a lot of White & black, white & green, white and red. I plan on being a little odd. White cab and Purple dump. Like HARRYD said. When you see the truck you allready know who it is.

Swampbeast
10-25-2002, 12:09 AM
You got it all wrong! Paint it hot pink, then put neon green and bright blue leopard spots all over it! Yeah! Sexy! :D :jester:
No, seriously, everybody paints thier trucks white and black. I paint my trucks red, with white and blue flames curling up the hood. Not only does it look really good but people remember my truck! If I can I will get a picture of one of em to show you all. :cool:

landman
10-27-2002, 09:55 PM
Not for nuttin but if we have to tell ya what color to paint your truck then when ya start makin money with it you should share to profits with all of us. Just kidding but just dont paint the bodies dark hunter green because then it will look like all of our trucks.