PDA

View Full Version : Look for feedback Walkway, Landanding, and steps

CLScaper
05-21-2011, 04:28 PM
The Pictures suck what a waste of time of a guy. You need to do everything yourself if you want it done right. Let me know what you think this one took some time it was summer of 2010 install. New lawn install as well with the works, irrigation etc. I will work on better pictures but the house just sold.

DVS Hardscaper
05-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Amazing

Posted via Mobile Device

CLScaper
05-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I was hoping to hear from you DVS but let me have it.

CLScaper
05-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Found a few better pictures.

PaperCutter
05-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Well I'll be. You actually used tabbed-octagon pavers in a way that doesn't look dated. Nice!

CLScaper
05-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I agree, they wouldn't be my first choice but i have used them a few times and not as bad as I thought.

CLScaper
05-21-2011, 05:56 PM
This walk has the same material, it was a year earlier.

DVS Hardscaper
05-21-2011, 11:08 PM
I was hoping to hear from you DVS but let me have it.

This is what I like to see!

Creativity! Magazine Style Design!

I like the use of the "stop sign" pavers, VERY CREATIVE! I have no where near the imagination to ever dream something like that up! You've added art to the landscape - That's WONDERFUL! THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!

And this is what some of the folks here don't get. Guys on here postin pics of patios, walks, and walls - no creativity, no thought, no nothing. Just jobs that we all do and see everyday. Big Wow. Why would we want to see that crap? That's like me here in Maryland sending pictures of snow scenes to people in Alaska.

Do you have any larger scale jobs or are you just dabbeling a little?

CLScaper
05-22-2011, 12:02 PM
No I have done nothing big, just a few this walkway was only my 5th paver project. I also made every cut with a cut off saw in that circle i made every peace has a cut I mean whole pallets of cuts with a cut off saw. I will be investing in a wet saw before i do that again.

I agree that it is art work and nothing is better then seeing it done and not just in my head.

I need more experience with estimating not so much price but material. On normal walkways and patios how do a figure in waste? I'm always running short or have extra. I'm normally the highest bidder but I rarely have competition bidding against me due to most of my hard scape is me up selling my own customers.

Thanks

stuvecorp
05-22-2011, 01:26 PM
I like it but the amount of patience you must have... :)

DVS Hardscaper
05-22-2011, 02:09 PM
No I have done nothing big, just a few this walkway was only my 5th paver project. I also made every cut with a cut off saw in that circle i made every peace has a cut I mean whole pallets of cuts with a cut off saw. I will be investing in a wet saw before i do that again.

I agree that it is art work and nothing is better then seeing it done and not just in my head.

I need more experience with estimating not so much price but material. On normal walkways and patios how do a figure in waste? I'm always running short or have extra. I'm normally the highest bidder but I rarely have competition bidding against me due to most of my hard scape is me up selling my own customers.

Thanks

WHY are you "bidding" residential work?????????????? :hammerhead:

Normally a 10% waste. If we use Arbel or Blu pavers (slabs) I'll plan for 15%, as they're larger, thus a 3" cut can generate a wasted a paver.

In the future - do a better job of cleaning the joing sand from the paver joints. When you're done brooming the pavers, I don't wanna see any sand in the chamfer of the paver. I don't want to see any paver installs resembeling that of mortared brick, block, or stone.

CLScaper
05-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Lots of patience