PDA

View Full Version : Just got Redmax 7001 from CaptDevo!!

Doogiegh
10-11-2002, 12:44 AM
Hey guys,
Just thought I'd share that I just received a Redmax EB7001RH from Captdevo....:D

Put the tubes together, loaded up with gas, and gave it a test yesterday.

Mind you that I *WAS* using a Craftsman 28 CC handheld and that was the strongest thing I ever used before..

All I can say is Holy Crap!:D

I had NO idea they could make blowers ** THAT ** strong.:blush:

I cleared off my back patio. There are lots of "helicopter" thingys back there from Maple trees.. Usually takes me 5-7 minutes to blow it off clean..

The Redmax took me like 35 seconds.. :dizzy:

I had to get the dog out of the way cause it's so strong, it could blow into his "area" where he goes to hide when the blower comes out... He had to go into a different corner of the yard to hide... INSANE POWER.. Most of the time, I was running at about 1/2 to 5/8th power since the engine is BRAND new, I didn't want to crank it all the way up on it's first 3 minutes of operation..

Now I know everyone on here argues Echo Vs Redmax, etc etc..

At this point, I don't think 20 CFM or 5 MPH matter at all... Once you get into this level, it's on a user by user, application by application basis.

So guys, if any of you are "contemplating" a new purchase for 2002 and need a blower fast and quick, at a great great price shipped right to your door in 3 business days, I'd say contact CaptDevo at RPM sales and buy today..

I never used a 7000 so I can't say how much stronger a 7001 is.. But going from a Craftsman to this... PHEW!!

Makes the Craftsman look like someone running around the yard blowing thru a drinking straw. <G>

Gary

rross
10-11-2002, 01:02 AM
I'm glad you got something that is really going to come in handy !!!!!!! Good luck and have fun with ur knew blower

ranger520
10-11-2002, 01:27 AM
I demoed that blower when I met capt devo on monday. I think it has more power then my Shindaiwa eb630. I really liked the feel.

ranger520
10-11-2002, 01:44 AM
I demoed that blower when I met capt devo on monday. I think it has more power then my Shindaiwa eb630. I really liked the feel.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-11-2002, 01:49 AM
Yup I bought a "LOT" of Red Max EB7000 from Captdevo early this spring.

Nothing like having a tornado on your back, best explanation you can give.

Doogiegh
10-11-2002, 08:28 AM
First off, putting the tubes together take a little patience. I used a dab of dishwashing liquid and water to "lube up" the inside of the hose so that the 3 or 4 different pieces would all slide together a little easier. The one that looks like an accordian that fits onto the actual blower motor assembly itself I had to really lube cause I guess it's a vinly/ish "sticky" plastic on smooth plastic.. I couldn't get it on myself by hand.

Anyways.. I get the thing up and going.. Start it up on idle speed. The tube was laying on the ground.. Starts blowing leaves and stuff all over the place... I couldn't believe just from IDLE I was clearing leaves away at the same pace of the Craftsman.. Then when I kicked it up.. WHOOSH!.. The thing is nuts.

Having a tornado makes the best sense.

Now I see how when you guys talk about moving piles of leaves 3 feet high out to a curb to then use your truck mounted loader to suck them up, I see how that is doable.. With a homeowners craftsman? No way, no how would you ever be able to do that. It would be tarp and drag city.......

Gary