PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Dirt Boy
05-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Lady wants a stepping stone path kinda how its layed out in the pic's .... roughly. It's not going to be what you would call a bona fide constucted path, but just an irregular shaped stepping stone path. IOW's, I am not planning on putting a base under it, unless you think I'm asking for problems.

My question is:
There will be fabric under all this. I have reservations about placing these fairly thin, relatively light stepping stones on fabric. I would think they will tend to slip around some.

Is my thinking correct? and what would be the best way to lay these.

Beat me if you wish, I know I'm not the pro some of you are, and it's not like she can't afford the best, but OTH, it doesn't have to be exactly level, and the edges are just going to be irregular, gaps are 2" - 4" etc.

zedosix
05-24-2011, 10:49 PM
install it on a layer of stone dust, if you put it on pea stone or fabric it will likely slip when you walk on it. Too me they don't seem spaced very well. When laying out stepping stones we usually ask the customer to walk it out in what they feel is comfortable. Kinda awkward having to walk off pace when using them as a pathway.

Dirt Boy
05-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Will do, it needs to be leveled, and we probably spent like 5 min. laying them out there. Just using what we could find on the top layers of the pallet, I will trim them to fit better, and take some more time to try & find some that may match up better.
I was just unsure, since I am new to this, about what I would need for a base.

zedosix
05-25-2011, 06:40 AM
I was just unsure, since I am new to this, about what I would need for a base.

What ever is required to get them levelled. Maybe only an inch or two. They will essentially float on the surface and once you put sod around them they'll be there forever.