PDA

View Full Version : getting ready to start

calebmoss
05-23-2011, 10:48 PM
im starting a lawn care company . well i have almost got my trailer done and i just ordered 500 bussiness cards and am going to tackle the legal stuff next week. Then start passing out flyers.

Here are a few pics of the trailer i have made. i have 485.00 in it and will need to spend another 60.00 on wood and it will be done

Its 5 x 10 1/4 inch thick angle

Needs Paint fennder and flooring

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/caleb_photos_bucket/trailer.jpg

Enclosed Led Light Bracket And ratchet strap hooks

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/caleb_photos_bucket/trailerlights.jpg

More pics when done to come.

LiveGreenLawn
05-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Good luck. Where are you located.
Posted via Mobile Device

calebmoss
05-23-2011, 11:00 PM
I am located 45 mins northeast of nashville tn.

weeze
05-23-2011, 11:14 PM
sweet...good luck!

calebmoss
05-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the replys

for bulk hauling and debris removal there are 10 of the ratchet strap holders so im planing on cutting 10 2 x 4s 10in long and notching them 1/4 inch on each side so they will fit in the holders then make a frame with 2 x 4s and cover them with 1 x 6s to haul debris.

i made the ramp removable.

bobcat48
05-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Looks great,best of luck to you this season enjoy it:usflag:

Oakleaf landscape
05-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Sounds a little over kill for such a small trailer. I don't mean to be a Dick, but I would have thought you could have bought a trailer like that for under 5 or 600 dollars on craigslist easily. JMO

Looks good though.

calebmoss
05-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Sounds a little over kill for such a small trailer. I don't mean to be a Dick, but I would have thought you could have bought a trailer like that for under 5 or 600 dollars on craigslist easily. JMO

Looks good though.

Why buy used when you can build brand new what you and want how you want , with the satisfaction of building it your self ?

solomower
05-26-2011, 07:50 PM
:dizzy: :confused: Troybilt?? Seriously????:hammerhead: :cry: :laugh:

THEGOLDPRO
05-26-2011, 08:18 PM
How old are you?

Greenlandscaping
05-26-2011, 09:03 PM
:dizzy: :confused: Troybilt?? Seriously????:hammerhead: :cry: :laugh:

hahahaha i was just gonna say that they ssssssssuuuuuccccckkkkkkk

calebmoss
05-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I am 19 And the mower it works great for me and its all i have to get started with.

J&A Lawn Care
05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
but yet if he had of posted a picture of a brand new mower you guys would bash him for being stupid for spending that much money without having any customers.It is a lose lose situation with alot of people on here. BTW congrats on building the trailer.You will appreciate it alot more with the hard work you put into it.The mower will serve you for a little while.I would build up my clients and upgrade in the near future though.GOOD LUCK!!

J&A Lawn Care
05-27-2011, 04:12 PM
hahahaha i was just gonna say that they ssssssssuuuuuccccckkkkkkk
That troybilt will out perform that crapsman rider you have!!

brc51m
05-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Use that troybilt until she blows up and in the meantime save for something commercial....best of luck to ya!!

A-1 LAWN
05-27-2011, 08:52 PM
seriously! why bash the mans equipment! he might be one of you toughest competitors in a few years! we all have to start somewhere,and all dont have 10grand to start! at least he isnt living in front of the tv or comp.all day!! good luck to you!!

calebmoss
05-29-2011, 04:38 PM
thanks for the comments it is getting paint tuesday.

michiganmower10
05-29-2011, 06:47 PM
nice trailer man, how much weight can it hold?

lawnman3
05-29-2011, 07:19 PM
yes everyone is diffrent some buy new some buy used i have .. its all good if it works for you man .. no shame in your game...:weightlifter:

lm3...:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

calebmoss
05-29-2011, 08:50 PM
axle is rated at 2000

lawnman3
05-30-2011, 08:06 AM
that should work great for ya man dont sweat the small stuff ... its a start many have trouble with at first... your going to be great at what you do...

lawnman3...

calebmoss
06-08-2011, 03:30 PM
well it is painted and the wood is in the trailer.

Good news I got licenes and taxes taken care of
Bad news i am going to have to cut the axle off and move it back about two foot i dont have enough weight on the tounge with the gate on the back.
When i slide the axle back it should rase the back end of the trailer and it will sit more level.

I will also add the fenders when i move the axle.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/caleb_photos_bucket/jpeg_reencoded-2.jpg

I think they did a little over kill on the pin stripeing

michiganmower10
06-08-2011, 04:35 PM

Bad news i am going to have to cut the axle off and move it back about two foot i dont have enough weight on the tounge with the gate on the back.
When i slide the axle back it should rase the back end of the trailer and it will sit more level.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/caleb_photos_bucket/jpeg_reencoded-2.jpg

trailer turned out sweet man, looks like it will be a workhorse:weightlifter:

944own
06-08-2011, 04:37 PM
are you planning on putting some fenders on it.

flatlander42
06-08-2011, 04:40 PM

are you planning on putting some fenders on it.

uhhhhh.......:waving:

MIJ
06-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Calebmoss / Hey brother ( its not were U start ) ( its were U finish ) Looks great keep up the good work.

jsslawncare
06-08-2011, 05:21 PM
My son cuts our house with a Cub Cadet RZT 50, which is the same as the Troy Built and it cuts as good or better the the two ferris' mowers that I use. I understand why you built your own trailer. If you can do it, then build it. I love to fab with metal too.

brc51m
06-08-2011, 06:04 PM
keep up the good work man and you will be overloaded with work before you know it!!!

944own
06-08-2011, 06:45 PM
uhhhhh.......:waving:

Sorry I did not see you were putting them on after you move the axle. Good luck

calebmoss
06-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone after i had it painted i went and got the wood and several people were suprized i made it and two guys came up and one wanted to know if i would build one.

I was like a kid in a candy store when i got home i just had to put the mower on there. i still have to bolt and stain the wood.

Greenlandscaping
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
That troybilt will out perform that crapsman rider you have!!
Ya sure buddy watch what you say i have and exmark 60 inch turf tracer hp so no it doesnt even come close.

J & D Greens
06-10-2011, 01:01 AM

Instead of moving the axle I would add a tool box on the tongue and build a nice cage on the front to hold as much stuff as you can stuff into it. That would balance things out nicely. Looks good though good luck.

mossmilo
06-10-2011, 01:29 AM
i have built a few small trailers i always kept the axle 1 inch per foot offset to the rear of the trailer measuring the deck only always seemed to work out good for me. so if its 8 foot long keep it 8 inches to the rear of the trailer 10 foot long 10 inches and so on... just my 2 cents haha

Darryl G
06-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Is it OK to attach the tongue to the trailer frame like that? Usually there's an A frame of steel tubing, or is that just for heavier duty trailers. In my state you can't register it unless there are fenders on it.

calebmoss
06-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Is it OK to attach the tongue to the trailer frame like that? Usually there's an A frame of steel tubing, or is that just for heavier duty trailers. In my state you can't register it unless there are fenders on it.

i wouldnt see it any diffrent than buying a trailer with a straight tounge

fenders will be put on it.

PerfectEarth
06-10-2011, 07:32 AM
As for the axle, the fenders, and marking lights, there are standards you ned to be compliant with in regards to building a trailer. Just being build well and looking good (which it does, and I applaud you for tackling the project) is not enough to make the trailer road-legal. The NHTSA and the NATM have a lot of standards when you are manufacturing a vehicle or trailer for use on public roads....just sayin'

calebmoss
06-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Also i would like to get some kind of rubber to put on the top of the gate so when it is let down the paint wont be scratched.

Darryl G
06-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Also i would like to get some kind of rubber to put on the top of the gate so when it is let down the paint wont be scratched.

Yeah that would be a disaster ;)

calebmoss
06-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah that would be a disaster ;)

i like sarcasam

Darryl G
06-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I guess since you built it yourself it's your baby and you just wanna protect her. But personally I couldn't care less if my trailer gate gets a little scratched up, and I did just rebuild it with my son earlier this spring...new mesh and paint.

Just wait until you're hot and tired and hop in the truck after a stop, turn on the radio and drive off, and a quarter mile down the road look in your rear view mirror and see that you forgot to raise your gate, ROFL.