PDA

View Full Version : Turf ?

ipm
10-11-2002, 08:43 PM
I have a question about Bermuda Turfgrass. I know Fall is approaching so bermuda will be going dormant soon, but some of my yards are turning brown in areas with no consistency. Should I worry? It almost looks like dollar spot and in a weeks time areas about 500 sq. ft or more are simply brown. Most areas are along curbed edges, or walks. But like I said in a weeks time these little brown spots became massive brown areas. Thanks for the replys. I'm in Ga.

ERIC ROBERGE
10-13-2002, 12:43 AM
I am in Loganville, Ga and I have a fungus in my yard also. From the descriptions I have seen here on the board its dollar spot or brown spot.
The last few weeks we have gotten a lot of rain with several days of overcast damp following. Daytime temps in the 80s and night in the 60s. I think that is as good as it gets for fungus. I assume your weather has been similar? What part of GA are you in?

ipm
10-13-2002, 09:55 AM
This particular job is located in Alpharetta near Birmingham Hwy. When I took this job I was very concerned about it because the grass(Tifway) was new. #1 there are grassed areas in the shade. #2 the overall grade is terrible, bumps, etc. #3 the soil remains soggy in areas( I guess I just answered my ?)

ipm
10-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Oh! by the way, it turned out to be sod webworms. Go figure.