PDA

View Full Version : No Smoke 2 cycle oil

TurfGuyTX
10-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Does anybody use this two cycle oil? What are the comments you might have about it? Thanks for your input.

gene gls
10-11-2002, 10:19 PM
I have tried it and don't like it.
Gene

joehar
10-11-2002, 11:58 PM
gene gls,what do you not like about the no smoke oil? ive been using it in my equipment ad it seems ok.can you please tell us why you dont like the product?

TurfGuyTX
10-12-2002, 12:44 AM
Thanks. Anyone else?

SLS
10-12-2002, 02:56 AM
Are you refering to any brand of smokeless 2-stroke oil???

If so, then I will highly endorse Opti-2!

Anything that will keep a Homelite trimmer alive and kicking for 3 full years now! must be some good stuff!

All of my other stuff (blower, hedge trimmers) are Redmax and I keep waiting for those ol' Homelites to die so I can replace them too......but the Opti-2 won't let 'em die.

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2002, 03:32 AM
I've been doing quite a bit of looking at new equipment lately. Several of the dealers carry the Opti oils for 2 and 4 strokes. They claim they will double th engine warrenty. But at $6 for 20oz, I figure you could by a new engine with a new warranty on all parts for less than the oil changes cost over time.

It cost more for 20oz than a quart of premium synthetic oil does. That's awfull expensive to me. I buy Shell Rotella T synthetic 5w 40 and run it in everything I own. I get out for less than $14 a gallon on it. Maybe if it were really safe and trustworthy to extend drain intervals like AMSOIL claims to be, then I could maybe see it.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE :confused:

John DiMartino
10-12-2002, 06:49 AM
I use no smoke 2 stroke oil,I love it,i havent had any fouled plugs,or carbon build up problems in the 2 yrs ive run it.

ranger520
10-12-2002, 06:55 AM
I use the shindaiwa brand oil in all of my 2stroke equipt. I get no smoke and no smell. I even it run it in my sthyl chainsaw. seems to be great stuff.

65hoss
10-12-2002, 07:23 AM
Opti-2 for me also. I bought a 6pack of Stihl oil about 2 months ago just to try it again. Before the 1st bottle was gone I was wishing I had the Opti. The fumes in corners was killer. :(

tazz
10-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Great product i have useed no-smoke two stroke for three years no problems. All of my 2 cycle equipment runs on it

SLS
10-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Envy:

The last case of Opti-2 smokeless 2-stroke oil I bought was $45.82 (plus Tennessee sales tax of $4.24). Total: $50.06

This case contains 48 pouches and each pouch is measured to mix 1 gallon of fuel.

Even with our sales tax included that comes to $1.04 per a gallons worth of mix.

As I see the non-smokless oil going for .89 to 1.25 around here in the little one gallon pre-mix bottles I think $1.04 is totally reasonable for the primo stuff.

I would think that buying it in a larger quantity container would be even cheaper but I like having the small pouches in my toolbox...ready to go...without having to pour and measure each time I want to mix a few gallons. If I were running crews and burning gallons of mixed fuel every day I would probably by it in bigger quantities...but as a solo guy I only use up a 1 or 2 gallons a week...so the little pouches work for me.

Besides being smokeless, it contains a great fuel stabilizer...3 month old fuel runs just as good as fresh fuel. Plus the case of 48 only takes up the same storage space as about 12 of the little bottles and the pouches add a whole lot less to the landfill. Also when you factor in the time it takes to clean/replace fouled spark plugs and spark arrestor screens and the added life of the engine it just seems like the way to go. And inside the carbs always look clean and shiny. :)

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2002, 11:06 AM
Sounds like the 2 stroke oil is more reasonably priced. I'll take it into consideration since I am about to by a new trimmer.

TurfGuyTX
10-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by TurfGuyTX
Does anybody use this two cycle oil? What are the comments you might have about it? Thanks for your input.

Here's a link to show exactly what product I'm referencing. Thanks again for any comments.

www.precoparts.com/category.cfm?category=148

wxmn6
10-12-2002, 06:10 PM
I have been using Opti-2 for years and never have a problem with my equipment. Great stuff - highly recommended!