PDA

View Full Version : Back in business

ChadsLawn
10-12-2002, 12:53 AM
Its been awhile since I've been here...After Eric passed away I soon after had to take a part time job to make ends meet after getting sick myself..My part time job ended up being full time..I thne gave my brother 1/2 of what few accounts I had left to keep it going..In 3 weeks I was out of business..I havent touched a piece of lawn equiptment in 3 months or so..After working 50-55 hrs a week for less than $300 a week, I began to do alot of thinking...My full time job offers a awesopme retirement plan which no money comes out of my pocket at all...Thats great,BUT that isnt paying my bill today..Ive come to the fact that I bottom line miss my lawn business period..The freedom I had the money I made and most important the people I made happy ..For the hours I put in at my full time job, I was making more doing lawn maintenance in 20hrs a week...I think I needed this break to relize how much I enjoyed Lawn Maintenance...I already have 4 $140 a month accounts set up guranteed...Next Friday Oct 18th, I officially start my business back up..When I can afford a new mower it will be a Chopper on behalf of Eric..

Chad

Any advice is welcomed.

www.chadslawn.com

MikeLT1Z28
10-12-2002, 02:10 AM
welcome back. i hope the fall season is good enough that i don't have to take a part time job. i hate the thought of working for someone else again. i did however get an offer from the guy i bought my walker from. he was looking for a crew leader and some winter help.

KLMlawn
10-12-2002, 02:13 AM
I hope that you can get back in the "saddle" and be doing what makes you happy and prosper from it.

SLS
10-12-2002, 02:44 AM
Hey Chad!

It's good to see you back here again. :D

Good luck in firing up the ol' biz again!

TJLC
10-12-2002, 06:42 AM
Also being from Fla I know the general wages are very low. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing. The best of luck to you.