PDA

View Full Version : can anyone identify these blades?

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2002, 02:03 AM
I came across a mulching blade design today that is new to me. I found them out on a blade rack and they had no identifing marks as to who made them and the dealer couldn't remember who supplied them either.

Here's the discription....

They look like a straight highlift blade with a notch cut across through the highlift foil. The upper portion was then twisted to form another cutting edge right there in the foil. It was done in such a way as to cause a downward flow of part of the clippings that hit it and an upper flow of part of the clippings as they are recut by this area.

They looked to be very thick steel like a Gator blade. I thought about giving them a try. But they are 125% of what a Gator costs each. I'd hope they'd be good at that price.

Anyone else seen these at all??? :confused:

vipermanz
10-12-2002, 05:49 AM
you got me puzzled!!, i don't understand the 2nd twisted cutting edge , that sounds like it would be a U shape:confused:

John Gamba
10-12-2002, 06:00 AM
If You go Onto This web Page www.jsesc.com . And Scan Down The front Page You Will see a Blade. Is that It.
John

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2002, 10:31 AM
Nope!

Maybe this explaination will work......
Looks like someone took a highlift, took a saw and cut a gap across it.

/= * =/

MJStrain
10-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Where's a digital camera when you need it?:confused:

KLMlawn
10-12-2002, 11:10 AM
It sounds like a Stens "Raptor" blade, kind of a cross between a Exmark "bi-level" mulching blade and a Gator mulcher. I think if you look at the direction of the angles on the lift edge, they will be directing the air toward the outside as opposed to the inside as the Gators do. That type blade is designed to increase the flow to and out of the discharge chute in stead of trying to recirculate the grass clipping to come back down over the blades to be recut .... that is why they employ the "bi-level" cutting edges ... kinda doesn't make sense to me though.

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2002, 03:12 PM
I'll try to see if I can draw and post something to help you all understand.

KLMlawn
10-12-2002, 03:29 PM
I re-read your description, I think you are talking about something along the theory of a Snapper "Ninja" blade.
I had bought a set of those and didn't like them at all, they cost about $20 each and now just sit getting rusty.

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Same idea maybe.....but not Ninja Mulchers. I'm familiar with them. These are not of that design. I'm still working on a drawing.

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2002, 04:34 PM
Here's the pic ....

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2002, 04:45 PM
OOOPS!!!

vipermanz
10-12-2002, 06:04 PM
i remember seeing that one somewhere, but i can't find it in any of my part's books

edward hedrick
10-12-2002, 08:52 PM
Saw them at Home depot fits a 21" mower comes with several

center washers for different sizes. Ed