PDA

View Full Version : jumping out rain sensor to flag out system...

ant
10-12-2002, 09:17 AM
the new controlers have a rain bypass to bypass the sensor.
howabout the old timers that donot have a bypass?
i herd that you can strip some of the wire were it comes down off the gutter and jump the wires and that will bypass the sensor.is that true?i seen on some older jobs were the wire was striped away and taped up.
anthony

SprinklerGuy
10-14-2002, 08:18 AM
You could....why not just disconnect the wires from the timer? They are usually just hooked up to the common as a common bypass. Take the wires out of the loop....just don't forget to put them back.

click here to look at wiring diagram!!!! (http://www.hunterindustries.com/Products/miniclik/MiniTech.html#wiring)

ant
10-14-2002, 05:46 PM
thanks tony for the reply;;and te link..
anthony

ant
05-20-2005, 06:18 PM
any more input?

bicmudpuppy
05-20-2005, 10:11 PM
any more input?
I mentioned this before. instead of actually stripping the wire, you can push a wire "through" the double rain stat wire. Then remove it when your done. This is somewhat cleaner if you don't have access to the rain stat's wires in the control box.

DGI
05-21-2005, 12:11 AM
If the sensor is breaking the common somewhere, then putting the common back together however is what you want to do. It's not going to be interrupted far from the sensor in most cases. Every situation will be different. (If the sensor is hooked up like that when the timer is modern, shame on the installer!)

bicmudpuppy: I've had limited success with that sort of technique and have pretty much just cut the wires and reattached them. Any tricks?

bicmudpuppy
05-21-2005, 04:30 PM
If the sensor is breaking the common somewhere, then putting the common back together however is what you want to do. It's not going to be interrupted far from the sensor in most cases. Every situation will be different. (If the sensor is hooked up like that when the timer is modern, shame on the installer!)

bicmudpuppy: I've had limited success with that sort of technique and have pretty much just cut the wires and reattached them. Any tricks?
I always use a piece of solid 16ga with a small "handle" of insulation still on one end. I cut the other end at an angle to make it "sharp". It is a lot like pushing a needle through the insulation and going through both braided lines.