PDA

View Full Version : Profit for 5 man crew in 6 days?

andyslawncare
05-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey everyone.

I don't usually get job of this size, so I want to compare my profit ideas to yours. Most of my jobs are $10,000 or less, but this one is more than double.
I'm working on a bid that has a break even point of $19,610.68--this includes everything except for what I want to make in profit. It will take my crew of 5 and myself 6 days to complete the job. Any amount of $4,000 and over satisfies me for profit in a week, yet when something goes wrong in planning a job this size, large bills are involved when simple mistakes or miscalculations are made. I want to budget the job right, and I budget for profit. My contract will include a detailed contingency clause that will allow for more materials in certain situations, but I do not like to put unknown labor in those clauses so my bids can be very close to accurate if not untouched. What would you guys profit with this sized crew in 6 days on one job?

BTW the job includes...
-remove a 20' long, 6' tall timber wall and replace with a 40' long 3' tall wall and an upper wall that is 35' and 3' tall. (Anchor Highland). 225 face feet. Material will be the mixed Highland (small, medium, and large).
-13 tandem loads fill dirt
-5 tandem loads sandy base top soil--spread, tilled, and fine graded before sodding.
-Lots of grading and moving dirt (using large skid steer)
-20 pallets 'tifgrand' bermuda installed
-piping 6 gutter downspouts totaling 300' of trenching with skid steer
-Removing (3) 40' tall trees
-Excavating and installing a 125' long dry creek bed with river flats and (4) 150-200 lb boulders per 35' approx.
-Relocating 4 irrigation heads, and raising 6 heads.
-Converting 1 zone of pro-spray irrigation to drip, will include around 40 emitters.
-Approx $300 + some for overhead cost of the break even is plant installation labor, and plants are not yet included in the final number; we'll probably spend $1,500 for plants.

Either way, 6 days with 5 guys; what do you want to profit?

PatriotLandscape
05-27-2011, 08:32 AM
15-20% depends on what they are willing to spend.

for my company the labor alone for those labor hours is 12k no profit/equipment/materials.

DVS Hardscaper
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Profit percentage should always be the same whether it's 2 dudes or 12 dudes.

5 guys at one place just means they're not somewhere else turning production hrs.

Posted via Mobile Device

zedosix
05-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Definetely more than 4,000. That is not leaving you much of a fudge factor.

JoeyDipetro
05-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Andy, you mention break even cost and profit. The amount $($4000) of profit you are expecting in 6 work days with six guys seems to be inline with gross profit, not net profit.

Which is it?

jonesy5149
05-28-2011, 07:41 AM
you priced it of for 6 days.... so 8 hr days?? Are you going to get it done in 6 days and if you don't will you cost kill your profit.(yup) try this fudge factor figure you doing it for 7 days and bill that way get it done in 6. mark up your good 25% soooo if you need that extra day and you will still have the money in the bank. if you do not need it you make out big. if you loose the day you will still have the mark up on the goods( not as much but still there) Think about this you are getting a cost for this job and wen the final number goes out and the job is award you will no if you do not get this one you did not loose any thing.

jonesy5149
05-28-2011, 07:44 AM
how is this year going for every body?? What is the trent this year? walks? pool Patios??
outdoor Kitchens?? Fire pits?? For me it is big patios and water features.

zedosix
05-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Andy, you mention break even cost and profit. The amount $($4000) of profit you are expecting in 6 work days with six guys seems to be inline with gross profit, not net profit.

Which is it?

$4000 net profit is what I want minimum after all expenses paid. Gross profit means little when your bills to run the business are 10k a month!

zedosix
05-28-2011, 10:44 AM
how is this year going for every body?? What is the trent this year? walks? pool Patios??
outdoor Kitchens?? Fire pits?? For me it is big patios and water features.

Big patios with multiple features. Some pool work, I think we are at 3 for the year now. Our weather has been horrible and people don't want to think of swimming you know.

JoeyDipetro
05-29-2011, 12:56 AM
$4000 net profit is what I want minimum after all expenses paid. Gross profit means little when your bills to run the business are 10k a month!

The question was actually intended for the original poster, Andyslawncare, but thanks for the reply Zedosix.

Gross profit means a lot when looking at your "bills" because your bills are paid out of gross profit. Net profit is what's left after paying the "bills." The "bills" include your salary.

That is why I asked about net profit vs. gross profit. If I could average $4000 net profit in six days (approx. $14,000/month) with six guys (including me) I would retire early.

zedosix
05-29-2011, 10:11 AM
The question was actually intended for the original poster, Andyslawncare, but thanks for the reply Zedosix.

Gross profit means a lot when looking at your "bills" because your bills are paid out of gross profit. Net profit is what's left after paying the "bills." The "bills" include your salary.

That is why I asked about net profit vs. gross profit. If I could average $4000 net profit in six days (approx. $14,000/month) with six guys (including me) I would retire early.

You see up here with only 6 months of acceptable weather (this year it ain't acceptable) then you wouldn't be retiring early.

blowerman
05-29-2011, 10:40 AM
I'd use less guys on this type of job. Too much tripping over each other. Gross profit sounds decent, just look for other ways to make the job more efficient.
Three guys and a lead man (or you).

FLCthes4:11-12
05-29-2011, 06:50 PM
I'd use less guys on this type of job. Too much tripping over each other. Gross profit sounds decent, just look for other ways to make the job more efficient.
Three guys and a lead man (or you).

That was my thought. with that many guys on a job at once someone is screwing off at the truck or on the phone. maybe full crew on demo day and on sod day. but congrats on landing that job in gawga right now those aren't as plentiful as they use to be. Another thought with that many guys on the same sight an afternoon thunderstorm could cost you i labor hours.

jonesy5149
05-29-2011, 07:13 PM
do you run a six man crew on your team???

andyslawncare
05-29-2011, 10:49 PM
I feel that I have overestimated in man hours, and I did that for a reason. Demo day, planting day, and sod day will include the full crew. Wall installation days (2 days planned) will only have 2 or 3 and myself. I am on site on all of my jobs. $2,000 of my total break even includes my equipment operator/subcontractor. My overhead cost is included; profit will mostly go in my pocket, or be invested in the business. The job will probably take 7 days instead of 6, and the bottom line has be slightly adjusted to include the extra fuel, overhead, and labor. My overhead without my salary is approx $83 per day for my truck.

DVS Hardscaper
05-30-2011, 12:19 AM
I always shake my head when I see 2 to 3 trucks infront of a home doing a job. Yep, really necessary to have to have all that on one site, like they're fignting a fire....

Superior L & L
05-30-2011, 09:01 AM
I always shake my head when I see 2 to 3 trucks infront of a home doing a job. Yep, really necessary to have to have all that on one site, like they're fignting a fire....

So true, I'll have 7-8 guys on a big install and only one truck. I'd rather give a worker a couple of bucks in gas to drive there own cars than have to go buy another $40000 dump truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

PatriotLandscape
05-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah but where do you park 6 extra cars onsite?

We will have two trucks on jobs sometimes when it's "move out day" as i call it to finish bigger jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
05-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah but where do you park 6 extra cars onsite?

We will have two trucks on jobs sometimes when it's "move out day" as i call it to finish bigger jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure bout your neck of the woods. But round here Hispanics pack everyone in 1 car......

Posted via Mobile Device

PatriotLandscape
05-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Haha no Hispanics in my company nothing against them but hiring illegals would be an interesting proposition with my company name. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
05-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Why would you have to hire illegals?

Hispanic does not automatically = illegal

Posted via Mobile Device

andyslawncare
06-01-2011, 03:08 AM
I hire only those that can provide paperwork, and currently have no Hispanics. I don't feel that I should hire someone that will send half of his pay to his family in another country, my guys spend their earned money that they pay taxes on between 2 or 3 counties of where we work.

BTW, this job is in the pending stage, and I should know for sure by the end of the week. My bid was $28,000.

DVS Hardscaper
06-01-2011, 06:30 AM
I hire only those that can provide paperwork, and currently have no Hispanics. I don't feel that I should hire someone that will send half of his pay to his family in another country, my guys spend their earned money that they pay taxes on between 2 or 3 counties of where we work.

And hispanics don't spend money where they reside? They don't buy clothing? Toothpaste? Food?

So many mis-conceptions.

I think I hear banjos.....

allinearth
06-02-2011, 07:57 AM
And hispanics don't spend money where they reside? They don't buy clothing? Toothpaste? Food?

So many mis-conceptions.

I think I hear banjos.....

LOL, yes and it really sucks when you have a fully American white crew and you are the only one to show up for work. Been there.

CALandscapes
06-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I don't feel that I should hire someone that will send half of his pay to his family in another country

Pretty sure you're breaking a couple of equality laws... Just FYI.

DVS Hardscaper
06-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Pay people what they're really worth and it won't be "half"..........

Posted via Mobile Device

andyslawncare
06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Pretty sure you're breaking a couple of equality laws... Just FYI.

I tell people that ask for jobs that I'm fully staffed, and I am; yet none of this hispanic people that have approached me have had proper identification, or spoken good English. It is not an equality issue if people can't speak my language good enough. I have standards, and if you can't speak to me, my clients, or other employees I won't hire you. Georgia is a right to work state and I will fire and hire as I see necessary.

My guys have fun and crack jokes at each other all day; no language barrier. I hire who I feel is fit best for a job, not because of their race. Everyone has SS numbers on file, and I am not willing to hire without one.

If you are of hispanic decent, I will ask the same questions that I ask anyone else. Failure to prove documents, drug test, MVR test, etc means that you are not fit for my company and that is the bottom line.

I'm not breaking any laws by telling someone that I'm not hiring.

DVS Hardscaper
06-03-2011, 12:02 AM
I tell people that ask for jobs that I'm fully staffed, and I am; yet none of this hispanic people that have approached me have had proper identification, or spoken good English. It is not an equality issue if people can't speak my language good enough. I have standards, and if you can't speak to me, my clients, or other employees I won't hire you. Georgia is a right to work state and I will fire and hire as I see necessary.

My guys have fun and crack jokes at each other all day; no language barrier. I hire who I feel is fit best for a job, not because of their race. Everyone has SS numbers on file, and I am not willing to hire without one.

If you are of hispanic decent, I will ask the same questions that I ask anyone else. Failure to prove documents, drug test, MVR test, etc means that you are not fit for my company and that is the bottom line.

I'm not breaking any laws by telling someone that I'm not hiring.

Frankly, I could care less who people hire and what they do.

But everything you wrote is really mis-guided.

1st of all, hispanics seldom approach employers seeking work. There is enough of a demand for reliable, hard working people in the blue collar field that employers ARE THE ONES to approach the hispanics.

Next, the more English a hispanic speaks.....the more Americanized they are. In other words, this means they have picked up on OUR BAD HABITS. I prefer my guys to speak as little english as possible, because this means they haven't developed into our bad habits. My entire workforce is hispanics. Hispanics are 100 times more happy than any American, and they do have personalities, they laugh, tease, joke, and THEY SMILE AS THEY'RE WORKING! There is no reason for laborers to speak to clients or vendors. I've been employing hispanics since 1999, and this has NEVER been an issue.

Hispanics have Social Security numbers as well. Legit numbers too. Again, a mis-conception that all hispanics have fraudulant SS numbers, which many do.

JoeyDipetro
06-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Here, hispanics hang on the corner like prostitutes waiting to jump in a truck hoping for a days wages, so yeah they do approach employers....at least here. Also, most hispanic workers that I know, send 80% of their money back home. You can say what you want, but if they didn't send that money home, much more would be spent locally.

Also," legal" means more americanized than illegal. Out here, if they have a driver's license, they are more than likely legal and americanized. By the time they are legal (americanized) and able to obtain a driver's license, they aren't much better than the typical gringo. They are better, but a fraction of what they once were.

DVS Hardscaper
06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Here, hispanics hang on the corner like prostitutes waiting to jump in a truck hoping for a days wages, so yeah they do approach employers....at least here. Also, most hispanic workers that I know, send 80% of their money back home. You can say what you want, but if they didn't send that money home, much more would be spent locally.

Never did I say they do not send money home.

Someone said they send 50% of their pay home.

I said "pay them more and it won't be 50%" :drinkup:

JoeyDipetro
06-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Never did I say they do not send money home.

Someone said they send 50% of their pay home.

I said "pay them more and it won't be 50%" :drinkup:

Are you saying pay them more and they will send less than 50% home?:drinkup:

DVS Hardscaper
06-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Of their pay!
Posted via Mobile Device

JoeyDipetro
06-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Of their pay!
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I thought. Pay them more and they send more home. Most are on a fixed income here and get by with the bare minimum. They are not here to move up the economic ladder in this country. They are here to make as much as possible in order to send as much as possible back to their home country.

DVS Hardscaper
06-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Kinda silly to sit here and claim just exactly what the general immigrant populous does with their money. And not all immigrants are here for short term, for many, this is their home, especially if they have kids that were raised here.

Without such folks, people would have less money to spend. Milk would cost more. Roofing would cost more. A dinner at the national chain restaurants would be more. Money may be sent out of the country, but they're the backbone of America.......

Posted via Mobile Device

JoeyDipetro
06-04-2011, 11:43 PM
We're talking about hispanics in this field, not "immigrants" in general. Most hispanics in this field are illegal (and I would guess that we have a lot more legals out here than you guys do on the east coast.) Most are illegal, have no desire to live here, but are here to fund the retirement of themselves and their family in their home country. For the most part, that's just the way it is and I don't blame them for doing so.

You want to talk about "mis-conceptions", "banjos" and paying them what they are worth so they spend more here. That's fine, but I disagree with all of the above. You want to discuss, let's explore.

juststartin
06-05-2011, 12:00 AM
they just passed a tough immigration law here in ga. I don't agree philosophically with illegals being in this country... but I am wondering how the phuck! is any work going to get done here.

Who is going to pick watermelons out of a snaky field? Not mommas 16 year old!!! Who is going to pick peaches? Who is going to roof your house? Who is going to cut your grass when it is 110 outside?

Illegals are everywhere down here, and it should be interesting when larger companies lose 50-75% of their work forces.

I just wish the h2b/h3b program wasnt a damn scam.

I have hired everybody. I tried white black green yellow... I don't give a damn as long as you work, but it never works out. Either they move on to get a college education, lose their license, go to jail, decide working in ac is better for less money(because they are a momma coddled pusses), or just don't give a damn.

From my experience, non-hispanic workers have a sense of entitlement and there is nothing you can do to erase that sentiment.

If I can't find legal hispanics(which I have now), I will quit. They will be in high demand on July 1 when the law goes into effect, I hope I can pay mine enough to stay with me.

JoeyDipetro
06-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I heard that and I also heard that the agricultural employers are upset because they estimate that 90% of the agricultural workers are illegal. I believe that is the E-Verify.

JoeyDipetro
06-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Kinda silly to sit here and claim just exactly what the general immigrant populous does with their money. And not all immigrants are here for short term, for many, this is their home, especially if they have kids that were raised here.

Without such folks, people would have less money to spend. Milk would cost more. Roofing would cost more. A dinner at the national chain restaurants would be more. Money may be sent out of the country, but they're the backbone of America.......

Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, didn't catch your edit. I'm not sure what your point is? Your claim was that if they were paid more, a lower percentage of their pay would be sent out of the country. I disagree with that and nothing more.

juststartin
06-05-2011, 12:14 AM
I heard that and I also heard that the agricultural employers are upset because they estimate that 90% of the agricultural workers are illegal. I believe that is the E-Verify.

I would say 85% of every hispanic you see in GA is illegal. I would bet 60% of them are on some type of government assistence based on other states numbers. I would say they occupy 90% of any labor intensive work force here. I am just trying to figure out how anything is going to get done.

I think they are a burden on the system, but who the phuck is going to do the actual manuel labor now???

Everybody says hispanics work cheap. But you can barely find hispanics to start at $10 an hour. And it is common for their wage to match that of a nurses(my wife is a nurse) hourly wage here. I have just not found any other people with same type of drive, work ethic, and family based orientation as hispanics.

JoeyDipetro
06-05-2011, 12:23 AM
I would say 85% of every hispanic you see in GA is illegal. I would bet 60% of them are on some type of government assistence based on other states numbers. I would say they occupy 90% of any labor intensive work force here. I am just trying to figure out how anything is going to get done.

I think they are a burden on the system, but who the phuck is going to do the actual manuel labor now???

Everybody says hispanics work cheap. But you can barely find hispanics to start at $10 an hour. And it is common for their wage to match that of a nurses(my wife is a nurse) hourly wage here. I have just not found any other people with same type of drive, work ethic, and family based orientation as hispanics.

Hispanics are no longer "cheap". It happened here first and now you are seeing it there. They are no longer cheap, because they are more in demand because they are good enough and reliable. I should say, they are still "cheap" in the ag. scene, because the work requires so little skill.

DVS Hardscaper
06-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Local politicians are trying to run illegals out of their towns and counties.

But that is nothing but political actions for being re-elected, as the average citizen does not realize the role that immigrants play innour society - illegal and legal.

While a majority of immigrants are illegal - many are legal. Honduras years ago was granted amnesty for a period of time, so many are here legally because of that fact. My guys are here under work visas, with Legit SS numbers.

My guys send a fixed amount of money home each month, not usually a "percentage". And I have some guys who's families are all here and they don't send any money home. Saying all immigrants send money home is like saying all Asians eat rice.

Many employers will not participate in e-verify because of the wording in the agreement that you must accept. Also, it's easy for one to use their legal cousins information.

Deportation is not the answer. It costs $12,500 to deport an individual. And it's a 95% chance they will return. I know of one guy that was deported in 2007, 2010, and rumor has it he was deported in 2011. $37,500 in tax payer money waste. And no, I do not support his returning to US soil.

This is why congress has been so long to reform the issue. They will never be rounded up and sent out of US soil. The federal govt will eventually come up with a program to allow the existing illegal immigrants, with clean backgrounds to stay here under some sort of work visas. Former Pres Bush was willing go consider legalizing the existing, and Obama has expressed a willingness to legalize the existing. Most of the politicians at a federal level realize that this country needs immigrants. I'll say that in 10 yrs the term "illegal immigrant" will no longer be used.

Here in our are Hispanics do everything but electrical and plumbing. From restaurant work, factory work, orchards, farms, construction, etc.

When was the last time you heard an American say "I want to clean manure from the floor of a dairy barn an milk cows"?

I have a buddy in the Pittsburg area who's long time established landscape company be works for just finally hired 5 Hispanics this year. He said the difference is day and night. duh!

If you feed the birds you'll attract rats. This is what the welfare system has done, and this is why employers can't find Americans willing to labor and sweat.

Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
06-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Also, i think if we only mowed grass, finding Americans willing to mow is easier than finding Americans willing to hump pavers, block, and heavy wheel-barrs all day long and do a good job.

There are still people in the hardscape industry that employ Americans. Mark my words - this WILL not be the case 10 yrs from now, as the new batch of Americans roll out into the workforce. Society has changed drastically, while some geographical areas are still holding out for now, you can be assured you will need immigrants sooner or later. If you're mowing a street full of lawns - those kids living on those streets aren't learning to labor. Because their parents are paying your company to do what we kids had to do in the 70's 80's and 90's. Give these 10 yr olds time to get into the workforce and they ain't going to be laboring, as your company has been doing it all along.

Those who have built successful landscape companies did so largely in part because mom and dad decided to pay a service rather than make Billy get up from his X-Box.....

Posted via Mobile Device

allinearth
06-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I worry more about people sending their money to China by buying the poorly made Chinese junk that Walmart sells more than hispanics sending money home. This society has to have lowskilled people to do manual labor. If we send them back, who will do it?

juststartin
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
This is my non-political view.

I feel like they are a burden on the system. Politicians want to get rid of them in our states because the budgets are already strained. 60% of illegals are on gov't assistence. They get medicaid. They are on food stamps. The are wic. They are on peach care. And you have got to wonder if the 10% unemployment number will go down once the illegals are gone.

The illegals are going to leave on their own for the most part. There will be some deporting... enough to scare the hell out of 90% of them. But for the most part they are just moving to other states or even going back to mexico. If you know how connected the hispanic community is.... they all know what is going down in Arizona and they are already scared as hell.

I just wish there was a better h2b program instead of that beaurcratic bullship it is now. One of my friends that owns a large tree service paid 5k and never saw a worker.

And DVS your right, there is no american work ethic now... and if they do have a work ethic they are self employeed.

DVS Hardscaper
06-05-2011, 08:20 PM
The welfare system is screws up beyond belief. I'm not so sure about this "60%", though. I'd like to see a link to a govt website to back this up.

I know 2 american families that sponge off govt assistance in every way they can. And no one in either family have any disabilities. So it's ok for Americans to cheat the system? And before you go responding to this and setting me straight, be advised that my dads wife works for a state govt in the welfare dept. Ive heard it all!

And H2B, don't even get me started on that! Great concept, flawed Program beyond no belief.
Posted via Mobile Device

Will P.C.
06-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Any of the guys from Georgia ever walked around Grady Hospital in ATL. Its massive amounts of Hispanic woman pushing strollers with a ton of kids. Every day its like this. I do not think that many illegals are using gov't assistance. Its when they finally bring their wife and kids over and use assistance.

Hispanics are no longer cheap in Georgia. Prices have changed. The took over the labor business from doing wiring to scooping horse **** in Georgia. Construction business is nearly all Mexican. The few whites left have to raise their 'bids' to cover overhead. Instead of working for white companies, they are owning companies.

DVS Hardscaper
06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Society is changing.

In the DC area there are many hispanics working as contractors.

And this is just the beginning, folks. Wait till the next generations of the US workforce graduates from high school. They won't be starting contracting companies.

As I stated, there are guys here that have million dollar hardscape companies and have never utilized the labor of an immigrant. Mark my words, as each year passes and as each high school holds a graduation - the pool of American laborers will get smaller and smaller.

Think about it. Our kids are spoiled. Look what we're doing with our lives. People are so freakin proud of their DVD player in the backs of the seats of their family SUV. I despise DVD players in cars, kids do not need any more TV.

We build pools and pay companies to open and close the pools, and maintain them. When I was a teen, no one paid a company to open, close, and maintain the pool!

We pay people to clean our houses.

We pay people to walk our dog(s).

We pay people to wash our cars.

We pay people to mow our grass.

There are LARGE grocery stores that will bring your groceries to your front door.

Families are hiring nannies to raise their kids.

We're too lazy to get out of the car and open the garage door.

Tasks that we used to have to do as kids and teens, are now being outsourced to contractors. This is the society that we Americans have created. American society has created the demand / necessity for immigrant labor. There is no two ways about it.

LOL - in ten years Lawnsite.com will be in total spanish!

4 seasons lawn&land
06-06-2011, 08:20 PM
coming in late on this one but 4000 profit on a job like that would be a huge bummer. I was thinking 15.

wurkn with amish
06-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I wanna know what the h e l l 2 pages of fighting about mexicans, hispanics, aliens, foreigners, etc has to do with profit for a 5 man crew in 6 days? I would want about half on a job that size.

DVS Hardscaper
06-06-2011, 10:40 PM
I wanna know what the h e l l 2 pages of fighting about mexicans, hispanics, aliens, foreigners, etc has to do with profit for a 5 man crew in 6 days? I would want about half on a job that size.

haha, definitely got off track :)

I had made mention of people having multiple trucks at one job site. Someone else agreed. Another person made mention of 5 cars parked out front. And I stated, nope hispanics don't all drive seperately (cause it's true) :) And then some folks made some inaccurate statements, in which I responded to!

Hey! thats how real life topics go. From one thing to another.

JoeyDipetro
06-07-2011, 12:16 AM
haha, definitely got off track :)

I had made mention of people having multiple trucks at one job site. Someone else agreed. Another person made mention of 5 cars parked out front. And I stated, nope hispanics don't all drive seperately (cause it's true) :) And then some folks made some inaccurate statements, in which I responded to!

Hey! thats how real life topics go. From one thing to another.

Which would those be? You accuse folks of making inaccurate statements, give em a chance to respond.

PatriotLandscape
06-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry I'm the one who said in a round about way that all Hispanics are illegal. I will add they are called stereotypes for a reason :)
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
06-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Sorry I'm the one who said in a round about way that all Hispanics are illegal. I will add they are called stereotypes for a reason :)
Posted via Mobile Device

We patio and landscape people are stereotyped, too. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
We patio and landscape people are stereotyped, too. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Yep! And it tends to lean towards the redneck level of the working man scale. When people ask what I do I try to read them and say "I'm a landscaper" or "I build Ponds & Waterfalls". I usually get a nice energetic "oh really, that's neat" when I say the later of the two.

PatriotLandscape
06-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I say I Own a landscape construction business. Most don't understand what that means. But for whatever reason everytime I say that I am a landscaper they always seems to reply with "obj you must really be busy with clean ups" or "what do you do in the winter?". Because we all know that we make so much during the four months of spring and summer to take the other eight months off!
Posted via Mobile Device