PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a dump truck?

alexschultz1
05-26-2011, 11:19 PM
im looking at buying a moderately affordable dump truck ($10,000-$13,000) because my business is starting to gain a lot of clean-up and install jobs. it would be amazing to be able to not only bring the materials to the job site w/o having it delivered but also being able to load it up and head to the dump and leave within 5 minutes. not to mention no more unloading thousands of pounds of debris ever time i need to empty the trailer. Anyone have one? and has it been worth its weight in gold or is it a luxury.

Yarden Of Eden
05-27-2011, 01:00 AM
I have had a dump for less than a week, and so far it has been worth its weight in gold. Just did a turf removal and sod install that I was able to take all the old grass and dirt to the compost site in 1 load, and have it out of the truck in about 2 minutes. Much cheaper and faster than taking 2 or more trips with my regular pickup. Also, my dump is a Ford with a 7.3 turbo, and gets a solid 14 MPG on diesel, waaaaaaayyyyyy better than what I get with my Chevy 2500HD with a 6.0 gas engine.

Also, anyone who says its just a luxury, its darn near a medical expense, save my back a whole lot of trouble!

Hometown
05-27-2011, 07:06 AM
I have had one for over 14 yrs. Made up my mind early on that I would not take the time to unload leaves,grass misc lawnwaste by hand off of a trailer plus the saving of the back to do the unloading is unmeasurable. Saved every dime for the first 4 years to get it but have never felt it was a wasted investment. I use it for cleanups,hauling mulch, some landscaping work but mostly in the fall it is used to collect leaves I drive it every work day from Oct until Dec. It also has a snowplow so it also serves as a backup to my main plow truck and a extra when the crap really hits the fan. It might be a luxury where you live since it would not be used to plow snow but the first time your back goes out unloading clippings or leaves your mind might make a different decision for you. Also when I bought mine (used) I knew it would be around for along time. So if you have room to store it might be the way to go. Good luck finding one.

hackitdown
05-27-2011, 07:25 AM
I put a dump insert in my pickup. It is worth every penny. I will probably buy a dually dump truck with a larger capacity soon.

Mike Fronczak
05-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Be careful buying a used 1 ton dump, gerally they are used & abused because they are always overloaded & worked hard.

LandscaperPro
05-27-2011, 03:35 PM
im looking at buying a moderately affordable dump truck ($10,000-$13,000) because my business is starting to gain a lot of clean-up and install jobs. it would be amazing to be able to not only bring the materials to the job site w/o having it delivered but also being able to load it up and head to the dump and leave within 5 minutes. not to mention no more unloading thousands of pounds of debris ever time i need to empty the trailer. Anyone have one? and has it been worth its weight in gold or is it a luxury.

Hello, I just got out of a Lawn Installation Business and am selling my equip. I have a '95 ford 2ton, single axel, newer 12' bed with side boards, 7sp, Cummins Turbo Diesel, hauls and dumps up to 12 ton. Runs great, drives great. The darn thing's a beast. looks good too. Clutch is one year old. I need to sell it. If interested, don't call the 800#, my cell is 1-812-661-8477. Also have a FINN B40 straw blower, Brand new LandPride 6' power rake, 2 ton dual axle trailer for the truck. Also, a 2007 5730 Kubota Loader tractor, with cab, exc. cond. I live in Southern IN.