PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lighting

T. Matthews
10-12-2002, 02:03 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm been kickin the idea around for some time now, about christmas lighting for extra work in the off season. Has anyone tried this before? If so how do you go about charging? DO you buy the lights and rent them to the customer? Do you have them get them? Where can you get industrial xmas lighting?Any help would be much apppricated.

Thank you,

T.Matthews

heygrassman
10-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Ohhh it does..

http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=161045&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Sean Adams
10-17-2002, 05:23 PM
I would check this site and the net for information on this. Christmas Decor (www.christmasdecor.net), Brite Ideas Decorating (www.briteideas.com) are two good places to start.

I know that people that offer this service usually start preparing for it in late summer - notifying clients, the public, etc...

The insurance is an issue as well - unless you do this yourself and use it for supplemental cash during the offseason. Just a few thoughts. Hope this helps.

Bob Minney
10-17-2002, 06:58 PM
All the links above plus subscribe to trade mags-they do articles on this subject. Think Turf mag had one recently and this months landscape and irrigation has article.
www.greenmediaonline.com