PDA

View Full Version : big dog mowers

coldgin
05-27-2011, 09:43 AM
i am in the market for a zero turn mower and there is a new dealer opened up in my hometown...right now he is looking to carrying big dog mowers which he said is the same as a hustler...anybody had any dealings with these mowers?

JWOODS24
05-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Big dog is not the same as Hustler. They are both made by Exel Industries and resemble each other, however there are less options avail. with the big dogs and size of engines etc may vary slightly. I think they are an okay mower though but not quite what a hustler is.

flatlander42
05-27-2011, 11:52 AM
would options interchange between brands ya think?

JWOODS24
05-27-2011, 12:53 PM
They have a website www.bigdogmowers.com that shows the 4 series they offer. It looks like they offer a machine similar to the sport, fastrack and Z. Also, they offer a walk behind thats looks identical to the trim star. I am not sure if you could order a machine with different specs, i was just comparing to my hustler. I have a 24 horse kaw. on my 48" cut and they "only" offer a 22 horse kaw.

flatlander42
05-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Thier website sucks too.

They have a website www.bigdogmowers.com that shows the 4 series they offer. It looks like they offer a machine similar to the sport, fastrack and Z. Also, they offer a walk behind thats looks identical to the trim star. I am not sure if you could order a machine with different specs, i was just comparing to my hustler. I have a 24 horse kaw. on my 48" cut and they "only" offer a 22 horse kaw.

coldgin
05-27-2011, 11:26 PM
yeah the website bites...thats why i asked what everybody thought about them