PDA

View Full Version : Where to dump old gasoline??

pattytastik
05-27-2011, 12:23 PM
I have a bunch of old gas and oil mix that I need a place to bring. Where can I bring it?

Thanks

FuturePilot4u
05-27-2011, 01:21 PM
In the sewer, how Bought the toilet, or somebodies car who can't afford 4$ sell it for 2...or just put it in 2liters and throw it out the car on the freeway
Posted via Mobile Device

FLAhaulboy
05-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Drive over and dump it in Akron, Ohio, those folks don't care about drinking good ground water! :drinkup:

JB1
05-27-2011, 01:28 PM
any local gang should take it.

ron mexico75
05-27-2011, 01:29 PM
In the sewer, how Bought the toilet, or somebodies car who can't afford 4$ sell it for 2...or just put it in 2liters and throw it out the car on the freeway
Posted via Mobile Device

^^ Freaking comedian! Badda Bing!!! :laugh:

Try the landfill, a lot have hazmat drop off areas where you can dump old paint, gas, oil etc. At least around here they do not sure about Philly.

I do know the cops arrest you for open carrying even though it's legal in Philly. Saw a story recently about that.

UfoPilot
05-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Use it to light your old tires on fire. I usually do this on Earth Day.

land_scaper70
05-27-2011, 01:40 PM
It is Friday, how about a cockktail:drinkup:/

land_scaper70
05-27-2011, 01:42 PM
It is Friday, how about a [SIZE="7"]cockktail:drinkup:/[/SIZE

FuturePilot4u
05-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Drive over and dump it in Akron, Ohio, those folks don't care about drinking good ground water! :drinkup:

Any where in ohio will work, our water in our rivers and lake erie caught on fire a little while ago let's do it again!!! I usualy just put all my hazmat material in the local lake tied to rocks so it goes to the bottom...hopefully its not seeping out?
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
05-27-2011, 06:05 PM
F that, if it's just a gallon or two and your truck's tank is near full it won't
make hardly a difference, any old gas I just dump it in there.

StanWilhite
05-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I have a bunch of old gas and oil mix that I need a place to bring. Where can I bring it?

Thanks

If you have any "low places" where mosquito's tend to bred, that's your best place.

ed2hess
05-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Put it in a container and say free gas.

pattytastik
05-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Put it in a container and say free gas.

haha thatd be a good one. Prob is, i dont have a spare gas container.

I think im just gonna go out and buy a 5 gallon gas can and save all my old and bad gas in it

Big Bad Bob
05-27-2011, 07:57 PM
The only thing I don't understand is how does one end up with old gas? Mine doesn't last long enough to get old.
I'd think you'd be ok mixing it with at least 3/4 of a tank in your vehicle.

Patriot Services
05-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Take it back to your local arab c-store and demand a refund. Argue there is no sign that says no returns of fuel.
Posted via Mobile Device

pattytastik
05-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Its not actually old, it's gas that I mixed with too much oil
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
05-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Ummm add more gas?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Fronczak
05-27-2011, 08:23 PM
What patriot said, any qustionable gas I ussally use when I start my bonfires.

zturncutter
05-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Ummm add more gas?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. :laugh:

Patriot Services
05-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Id like to thank God, my crew, Sean Adams and of course all the little people that made it all possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

Big Bad Bob
05-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. :laugh:

How is he going to be sure he gets the right mix now? I still say that if your truck has at least 3/4 of a tank, add a gallon of the mixed gas to it. Do this at every fill up till gone. Of course you will want to run till the tank is under 1/4 to fill back up and add more of the mixed gas.
How much of this stuff could you have anyways? 1 maybe 2 gallons?
Of course, the bonfire comment makes sense too. :)

underPSI
05-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Pour it in the car/truck/mower, etc. It won't hurt a thing.

bmc1025
05-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Just put it in a bucket out in the sun and let it evaporate, or just add more gas to it.....

dboyd351
05-27-2011, 09:11 PM
How is he going to be sure he gets the right mix now?

I guess it IS rocket science!

zturncutter
05-27-2011, 09:30 PM
I bet our customers get on here, read these threads and laugh their asses off. :dizzy:

cuttin-to-the-Max
05-27-2011, 10:07 PM
F that, if it's just a gallon or two and your truck's tank is near full it won't
make hardly a difference, any old gas I just dump it in there.
Yupp this is what i do! With ALL of my "old" gas.... Mostly from my boat which reqi. 50-1 gas. S*** gas was 4 bucks a gallon. I didnt care!

I bet our customers get on here, read these threads and laugh their asses off. :dizzy:
Ahahahhah thats one reason i dont use my company's name on anything online!
Thats all i would need...For one of my customers asking my why i posted their story on here!

knox gsl
05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I'd just pour it into a mower and try again. My little POS toro pretty much always gets mixed fuel as I don't carry straight gas with me. Some times I'll top it off at the pump when filling up the big mowers.

StanWilhite
05-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Id like to thank God, my crew, Sean Adams and of course all the little people that made it all possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hoy landscaping
05-28-2011, 12:26 AM
just burn it

Runner
05-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Just how off WAS the mix? Most people on here run 50:1. I run mine at 32:1, which is 4 oz./gal.. Just run it. That, or burn it in with your truck gas.

Merkava_4
05-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Mr. Willoughby dumps his old gasoline on his grass clippings. :D

Mark Oomkes
05-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Maybe you could find out who these idiots are and give it to them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBravestOnline#p/a/u/0/rXqju_QP2qc

These maroons should be charged with impersonating firemen and training officers and jailed.

underPSI
05-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Maybe you could find out who these idiots are and give it to them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBravestOnline#p/a/u/0/rXqju_QP2qc

These maroons should be charged with impersonating firemen and training officers and jailed.

You're right. They are the reason nobody likes volunteer firefighters anymore. It's no wonder every municipality is going with an all-paid staff. This way they can fire them.

Mark Oomkes
05-28-2011, 12:19 PM
You're right. They are the reason nobody likes volunteer firefighters anymore. It's no wonder every municipality is going with an all-paid staff. This way they can fire them.

:rolleyes: Figures

You know for a fact they were vollies? POC?

How many vollies\POC have been laid off and houses closed compared to career?

And maybe you could enlighten me as to what "every municipality" means? Maybe you could even list them?

More ignorance.....

Patriot Services
05-28-2011, 06:14 PM

This is the worst case of hose envy I've ever seen. What's the matter? Did you try to join a squad and found out they have standards for admission? Check your facts, more houses are going to two man engines and supplementing with MORE volunteers.
Posted via Mobile Device

underPSI
05-28-2011, 09:09 PM
I didn't say I didn't like vollies. Vollies, at least in my area, have a bad rep and it's due to dumb stuff like this. But y'all are right I can't confirm they were vollies. But do you really believe this crowd is from a paid municipal dept. doing stuff like this? You really think they would be burning out of a shipping container?

Runner
05-29-2011, 03:14 AM
First of all, I don't see anything wrong with what these guys are doing. They are doing a controlled burn for flashover training. I can tell you...I will guarantee you that was not gasoline being thrown in there. It acted more like kerosene, which is more commonly used (gasoline is never used for training purposes). When we've done flashover traing in the past, it was done aboard a semi trailer set up for this, with propane outlets (very controlled). A freaky feeling seeing the flame roll above and around you, and so hot the boots and visors were being melted. Others have done not flashover, but other live fire exercises in their towers. Fuels were used there, as well. As far as municipalities going from volunteer or poc to full time,..I've never heard of one instance, besides for growth.I DO know though, that it works the other way around. As for training? Here in Michigan, volunteers and poc go through the same rigors and testing standards as full time ff's. The NFPA and IFSTA standards are the same across the grid. FF I and II, along with several other extras (haz-mat certs, NIMS, first aid, CPR and AED, as well as a host of others) are required.

Sammy
05-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Put it in your mower, it will be fine.

Mark Oomkes
06-01-2011, 06:59 AM
First of all, I don't see anything wrong with what these guys are doing. They are doing a controlled burn for flashover training. I can tell you...I will guarantee you that was not gasoline being thrown in there. It acted more like kerosene, which is more commonly used (gasoline is never used for training purposes). When we've done flashover traing in the past, it was done aboard a semi trailer set up for this, with propane outlets (very controlled). A freaky feeling seeing the flame roll above and around you, and so hot the boots and visors were being melted. Others have done not flashover, but other live fire exercises in their towers. Fuels were used there, as well. As far as municipalities going from volunteer or poc to full time,..I've never heard of one instance, besides for growth.I DO know though, that it works the other way around. As for training? Here in Michigan, volunteers and poc go through the same rigors and testing standards as full time ff's. The NFPA and IFSTA standards are the same across the grid. FF I and II, along with several other extras (haz-mat certs, NIMS, first aid, CPR and AED, as well as a host of others) are required.

Ever hear or read NFPA 1403 for live fire training?

For starters, flammable liquids are not approved for live fire training. For the obvious reasons. Ever read the stories of the deaths and injuries that have occurred during live fire training when stupidity such as this is occurring? How about the chief and training officers who have been sentenced to jail\prison for this kind of negligence?

Another thing, using flammable liquids and throwing them into a burning room does not consist of flashover training.