05-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Am I out of line with this ad??
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/grd/2399693206.html

tjlco
05-28-2011, 11:08 AM
anyone?? cricket cricket cricket...lol

FLAhaulboy
05-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Looks okay but should of included a phone #, as some hate using email waiting & waiting for the seller to get back to them.

944own
05-28-2011, 01:51 PM
most things I see on c list that dont have phone numbers I just assume they are a scam.

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
05-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Looks okay but should of included a phone #, as some hate using email waiting & waiting for the seller to get back to them.

most things I see on c list that dont have phone numbers I just assume they are a scam.

I'd have to agree 100% with both of you. Usually there are other indicators but sometimes it is hard to tell.

I think it's a decent startng price. I think just not many people have that kind of money that are looking on craigslist. Kind of like people looking for a newer used car, They usually just go to the deaership and finance through them rather going through a private party.

FLAhaulboy
05-29-2011, 12:38 AM
You might want to emphasize in the ad that the mower is a heavy duty "commercial" mower designed to provide many yrs of service than the cheaper residential type ZTR mowers available. Plenty of large acreage homeowners would be more interested in a commercial ZTR. Also tell em how fast it goes when mowing.

topsites
05-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Although few will fault you for trying there's no need to put out an ad so long you had intended
on keeping the item for sale, also I believe for high dollar items you'd be better off using ebay.

Pennington Lawncare
05-29-2011, 04:27 AM
My honest opinion is that I must be some kind of genius consumer by doing some research and only paying $7k out the door for my 09 Bob-Cat in the Spring of 09.

ALC-GregH
05-29-2011, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't of stated that you replaced the choke and throttle cable already with only 300hrs.

Patriot Services
05-29-2011, 09:24 AM
I never post my phone # on CL. Obviously they have a computer. Too many people call giving lowball offers on items sight unseen or some other bs. Ebay nickel and dimes you to death and using paypal allows money to be refunded even though you don't have the item back. Prime reason my wife no longer does ebay.
Posted via Mobile Device

sdk1959
05-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I'd have to agree 100% with both of you. Usually there are other indicators but sometimes it is hard to tell.

I think it's a decent startng price. I think just not many people have that kind of money that are looking on craigslist. Kind of like people looking for a newer used car, They usually just go to the deaership and finance through them rather going through a private party.

You are absolutely right about that. Once you try to sell something privately for more than a few thousand dollars and don't take credit cards it because very hard to find a buyer. Years ago I tried selling a 1 year old Chevy
Blazer and despite being in 2 newspapers and posted on several bulletin boards I did not get a single phone call on it. Sold a older car once with one ad and got a dozen phone calls and it sold in a week.

sdk1959
05-29-2011, 10:41 AM
I never post my phone # on CL. Obviously they have a computer. Too many people call giving lowball offers on items sight unseen or some other bs. Ebay nickel and dimes you to death and using paypal allows money to be refunded even though you don't have the item back. Prime reason my wife no longer does ebay.
Posted via Mobile Device

I had to return a item once on ebay, the seller sold me a "used" car amp not working with parts missing inside. After getting nowhere with the seller I filed a complaint and Ebay they sent me a prepaid label to send it back. They only refunded my PayPal account AFTER the seller received the amp back.

Ebay has changed their return policy, you might want to consider selling there again.