PDA

View Full Version : Lesco 48" Belt, pretty good mower

lawnkid
10-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Today while working my other job, (apartment maintenance), we were planting some graass all day at this one property for most of the day and the rest of the day we were cuting lawns with my boss's new toy. It is a reconditined 2000 Lesco 48" Belt w/15 Kaw. on it. Anyway, we went to this one that that hadn'r been cut in a while and he let me try out his machine. Man what a mower. First of all, this thing was fast. I mean it did like 8mph. in 3rd gear. I didn't bother to try 4th. I was also going through grass 8" tall cutting it to only 3" and it cut like a dream. I mean the cut was awesome. the stripe was ok, but I would also like to comment on the engine. The 15 h.p. Kawasaki engine is one strong engine. I mean I plowed right thought this grass with ease. The only dislikes were that it couldn't maneuver in tight spots like my hydor can cause it has pistol grip reverse, the front of the deck dug up some grass once in a while when turning. I wouldn't have expected this from a 48". Oh well, I give the mower an overall 7 out of 10 for perfromance for a belt.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-12-2002, 07:47 PM
Mower does 5.5mph in 4th gear.

avg mower. does cut tall grass good when all the blade spacers are below the spindle.