PDA

View Full Version : leaf vacuum on a srw dump insert?

adforester
05-28-2011, 06:30 PM
hello everyone,
I'm in the market for a leaf vacuum that mounts to the truck. i have a srw f350 with a dumperdogg dump insert.

Has anyone ever used a vacuum going into a dump insert?

I'm sure it could work just might need a BIG tall box?
I have a scag freedom z but picked up some bigger accounts this year which will need some hauling of leaves.

Anyone recommend any good brands?

grassmaster06
05-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I made a a real nice leaf box for my truck craft dump insert on my chevy 2500 .my sides a 5 feet tall and have a giant vac 8 horse loader with a custom swing mount so I can still pull my 8 x16 enclosed trailer with my mowers with vac systems .it holds about 10 yards of leaves and is really nice for smaller tight spots .try to get a 16 horse loader ,the 8 horse works great but the bigger one has more capacity ,I don't have any pics and the box is off the truck
Posted via Mobile Device

adforester
05-30-2011, 07:10 PM
The 16 horse has more capacity? for what? Would the 8 horse work ok?

djagusch
05-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I have a similiar set as grassmaster. 8ft alum truckcraft insert, metal trac vac bed cap, and a billy goat 11hp leaf loader w/swingaway kit. I welded a reciever hitch to 3ft by 3ft plate and bolt it to the insert floor. A single guy can swing away the leaf loader and dump the insert. Small loads can be dumped with the trailer still attached, large loads the trailer is unhooked.

For a 1 man crew it is the set up to have.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
05-30-2011, 07:51 PM
The 16 horse has more capacity? for what? Would the 8 horse work ok?

My 11hp is slow and gets clogged. More hp the faster you will get it done.
Posted via Mobile Device

adforester
05-30-2011, 08:45 PM
i have a 8 ft. dumper dogg insert.

The other day i had the trailer hitch still on the truck and put down the tailgate to dump some mulch. Almost 3/4 the way up i saw the back portion of my f350 bed start to go upwards where the dump bed frame was attached, I thought it was weird so i brought it back down and to myt astonishment i found the tailgate hit the hitch and tried to pry itself off of my truck bed, bending my stock bed 1 inch off of flat! And made a nice upward dent on the face portion of the back of the bed due to the bending upward of the floor of the bed! i COULD HAVE RIPPED THE BACK OF MY TRUCK BED RIGHT OFF OF THE TRUCK!
the front is attached to the frame but the back is not.
sO i thought SMUCKERS!*** My truck is all f'd up, then i went to close the tailgate to the dump bed and guess what!?
the dump insert due to the strain tried to fold in on itself making the tailgate not fit by 2 inches!! I had to set up a jack inside the dump bed with wood extending to the sides and jack the sides back into place!@
what a friggggging day....