PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating Undesireable Seed from Lawn

tlc1994
05-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I have a new customer who had sod put in about two years ago (Bermuda) and repaired some spot last winter. Unfortunately, she put in some tall fescue grass in those patches. Now, while it hasn't spread across the whole lawn, it is spreading, slowly. Aside from hoping the summer heat will help the Bermuda kill it off, is there any way I can help eliminate the fescue? Like I said, it's very small at this time, but I'm getting paid to do this, so why not give it a shot.:weightlifter:

coxslawncare
05-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Are you sure it is fescue? Fescue does not spread unless it is just seeds that are either just sprouting this spring or it was just so short it went unnoticed initially.

tlc1994
05-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Are you sure it is fescue? Fescue does not spread unless it is just seeds that are either just sprouting this spring or it was just so short it went unnoticed initially.

She said she planted the spots in December. I started working with her just earlier this month, and the fescue (definately fescue) is becoming more noticable as the weeks pass.

knox gsl
05-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Wait till winter and spray with round up. Do this after the lawn has gone dormant. The fescue will still be green. In the spring the bermuda will come back in.
Posted via Mobile Device