PDA

View Full Version : rate per hour

Just Cut
10-12-2002, 09:31 PM
Next season I will be offering as an additional service, Bobcat service, What is the going rate for a experienced operator and machine per hour, and the minimum to show, Thanks in advance

ksland
10-12-2002, 09:58 PM
$75 hr 4 hour minumum is common around here

dmk395
10-13-2002, 06:13 PM
$65 and up with a 4 hr minimum...wouldn't be surprised if thats even low

Guido
10-13-2002, 06:24 PM
I've seen from $45 to $125 an hour.

Depending on:

-Equipment size
-Job Size
-Attatchments being used

and of course what you think your time, and your equipment is worth.

When coming up with your per hour price, make sure you add in load/unload and maintenance costs (not just parts and fuel, but time also)

For example, if your doing your daily maintenance on the machine and you chain it to the trailer correctly, you can be looking at almost 1 hour (depending on travel time) to load up, get there, unload, load back up after the job, download at your shop and do your maintenance/checks.

Alot of the small stuff adds up, so be careful not to burn yourself when making your price.

But, it's hard to say without knowing what size equipment and attatchments you'll be using.

Good Luck!

paul
10-13-2002, 06:40 PM
I was talking to a owner of a heavy equipment company, he gets $85 per hr for the skid steer and $50 per hr for the operator so 135 per hr :) Skid steer was a LS180 class machine

Guido
10-14-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by paul
I was talking to a owner of a heavy equipment company, he gets $85 per hr for the skid steer and $50 per hr for the operator so 135 per hr :) Skid steer was a LS180 class machine

As you definetly know, some people in the right machine are deffinetly worth that price tag, plus some.

If you can get someone who is more efficient, the gap in pricing can go out the window quickly!

greenngrow
10-14-2002, 01:29 PM
In my area a skid steer is cost you 45 to 65 per hour.

I charge 45 per hour for my TC33 with bucket. I can move as much as a steer. Now as for moving dirt a ss is faster than my tractor.

I Just like a tractor. Old Farmboy I guess.

Just Cut
10-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Guido
I have a 500 series bobcat with a bucket & forks, this is new service for me, I have an expeirnced operator, what types of jobs would best suit this machine? Thanks in advance

PAPS
10-14-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Just Cut
Guido
I have a 500 series bobcat with a bucket & forks, this is new service for me, I have an expeirnced operator, what types of jobs would best suit this machine? Thanks in advance

Any type of work would suit that machine fine, but just on a smaller scale.... don't expect your machine to be as productiove as say and 8 series over the course of a day, but in terms of work... it can handle anything on a smaller scale....

Guido
10-15-2002, 03:08 AM
Its not going to do large scale dirt work, I'll tell you that.

It will be good for :

-snow work
-loading trucks w/ mulch / top soil / gravel, etc
-You can use an auger for fence poles / signs/mailboxes / shrubs
-stump grinder (depends on hydro's, not sure?)
-Power rake for finishing new yards/installs (depends on hydros)
-Spreading gravel/basecourse on gravel roads/drives

Like was said earlier, it can do most things, just on a much smaller scale.

You can't pick up all that much with the forks, but they might help out with sod or plant material or fertilizer, etc.

Good Luck!