PDA

View Full Version : How Easy to Service?

kubotafan
05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Are any of the commercial zero turns easier to service than others? I am mainly thinking about changing blades for sharpening and keeping the underside of the deck clean. It looks as if the Walker Mowers with the flip up deck would be the easiest, but do any of the mid mounts come close?

Skidpad
05-28-2011, 11:40 PM
You could always get one of these: http://www.themojack.com/ and base your mower purchase decision on other factors that may be more important to you if you eliminate the deck serviceability factor
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoy landscaping
05-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Get mojack. it makes any mower easy to service

alanauer
08-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't know how the Walker deck flips but the main reason I got a front-deck G'hopper is that it tilts the deck way up at the touch of a switch.

jsslawncare
08-15-2011, 09:38 PM
The walker's are $12,000. Buy a jack and a $5,000 zero turn.

bohiaa
08-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I just fininsed servicing one of the exmarks. with a helper it's Quite simple but by myself I use a floor jack and a jack stand, impact wrench. the oil is quite simple. and so are the greese fittings.

total time about 20 minutes....

there are hoist and lifts. But with a helper he can just put his feet on the rear engine area and pull on the roll bars to lift the machine....

JDiepstra
08-15-2011, 09:42 PM
I can change the blades on my Exmark ZTR in a few minutes. Lift the front up, slide a jack under one side. lift it a bit high and slide a jack under the other side. Zip zip zip with the electric impact and im all done.

ALC-GregH
08-15-2011, 09:42 PM
I don't know how the Walker deck flips but the main reason I got a front-deck G'hopper is that it tilts the deck way up at the touch of a switch.

I hate you. J/K :D

I kick myself for not going with a GH front mount. I could easily justify having it. Especially with all the attachments they offer.

Golfpro21
08-15-2011, 10:34 PM
the wright is harder than the walker....walker is way too easy

Sammy
08-16-2011, 12:36 AM
............. the main reason I got a front-deck G'hopper is that it tilts the deck way up at the touch of a switch.

Makes it nice, don't it ! :drinkup: