PDA

View Full Version : WTB the most powerful NEW stick edger in production.

Exact Rototilling
05-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Currently using an Echo PAS 265 with the curved shaft stick edger attachment and I only use this where I canít get my TLE-600 WB. Not sure if the straight shaft attachment will be better in torque?

What I currently donít like about using the PAS 265 with the edger attachment is having to operate it WOT. :hammerhead:

Echo has the straight shaft PAS version. Not sure it is worth the extra $ vs. just buy a dedicated full throttle straight shaft stick edger. :confused:
http://www.echo-usa.com/Images/Products/ProAttachments/99944200470/99944200470.jpg

vs
http://www.echo-usa.com/Images/Products/ProAttachments/99944200475/99944200475-1.jpg

Richard Martin
05-29-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't know about Echo but the Stihl curved shafts are geared differently from the straight shafts. The curved shafts are built to spin the blade faster where the straight shafts have more torque. I prefer the curved for regularly maintained properties.

I bought a brand new Stihl FC95 straight shaft edger and ended up swapping the curved shaft from my old FC75 onto it.

Patriot Services
05-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I concur with Richard. Nasty old overgrown SA gets tamed with my McLane walk behind. After that my curved shaft echo keeps it a perfect 90 degrees.
Posted via Mobile Device

JDiepstra
05-29-2011, 04:09 PM
What don't you like about having to run an edger at WOT? That's how you should run them 100% of the time.

TLS
05-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I only have a 225 echo (late 90's era) whenever they first came out with a split shaft. It does great on all but the thickest stuff. I always use full throttle, as it doesn't cut as clean at part throttle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
05-30-2011, 12:35 PM
What don't you like about having to run an edger at WOT? That's how you should run them 100% of the time.
Well ...when string trimimg with my Pas 265 I rarely have to run WOT unless it's tall over grown and or thick. When using hedge attachment usually a relaxed pace. Part of this difficulty factor is the rock and gravel factor in the soil in many places.

Anyhow the other factor I wish was different when using it as a stick edger is the lower back strain and downward presure required. A longer shafted edger might help. I'm 6' - 3" so the hunch over downward presure is awkward...even though I'm physically fit etc. Then again maybe I'm making too much of this I typically only use it where I can't use the tanaka 600.
Posted via Mobile Device

vencops
05-30-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't have any experience with anything other than the stick edger I own. But, it's great. I have the KM110 Stihl with the straight shaft edger attachment (that I pretty much dedicate to edging 90% of the time).

I'm 6'1" and I don't have any ergonomic complaints. You won't have to exert downward pressure with this unit. Mine kinda pulls me along (so to speak).

I guess you could get the KM130 if you wanted even more torque. But, I've not found the need.

Poontamer
06-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Buy , Shindaiwa Le261 < ALL
Thats the most powerful edger I have ever used!!!
Posted via Mobile Device