PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Recall

HB Lawn
05-29-2011, 03:19 PM
I seen in today's paper that Stihl is having a recall on their gas caps. Anyone else see it? Go to their website and read about it.

Patriot Services
05-29-2011, 04:43 PM
There's a few threads on here about it. If your cap has an "E" on it your dealer will replace it.
Posted via Mobile Device

rlitman
05-31-2011, 01:45 PM
There's a few threads on here about it. If your cap has an "E" on it your dealer will replace it.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a "D", found on the underside. The "E" caps are the replacements.
Look at:
http://www.stihlusa.com/recalls/recall_toolless_cap/
or
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11226.html

I spoke with my dealer yesterday, and he was all out of replacement caps, and was ordering more today.

Ridin' Green
05-31-2011, 02:15 PM
I just took my BR600M in and got the new cap. It works a lot better. The new caps have a white center, whereas the older ones that I had and have seen had an orange center to them on top of the D or earlier letter under the cap.

06LTNox
05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Contacted my dealer Friday and the service manager just got the notification about the recall himself. They didn't have any of the new caps in stock but offered to pull a cap off of a floor model if I was actually experiencing issues with my current cap. Since I wasn't, I'm taking my unit in tomorrow or Thursday to get fixed.

ffemt1271
06-03-2011, 03:16 PM
just got a cap replaced on mine yesterday and it's definitely easier to install.

also got a new FS100RX trimmer and it has the new screw in gas cap on it

flyingdutch16
06-03-2011, 08:03 PM
received the letter today from stihl. Will go to the dealer tomorrow to get it fixed. Thank god they recalled I was having trouble opening and closing it.

WJC
06-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I got a notice in the mail and as it turns out, my blower already has the new cap. It's still a piece of $hit cap anyway.

Turf Commando
06-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Just had my blower and trimmer fitted with new caps and it's about time it was recalled.. Finally can open caps without just about breaking them off..

topsites
06-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I am the rebel commander of a large fleet of hidden E cap Stihls, hehehe,
all the dealers are looking for me everywhere but I am keeping my location
a top secret because I don't want them ripping my old caps off and putting
new ones on due to it could be a handheld gasoline cap conspiracy!

That having been said, you might say I have heard of this recall you speak of.