PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Vantage vs Gravely ZTR Advice

JMLandscaping
05-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi I am in the process of buying a new mower. I currently have close to 20 residential lawns 10k sq ft to one 2 acre lawn. Mowing is about 50% of my business and I am looking to expand. I currently run a 5x10 trailer w/ a Toro Proline 44. My Proline is great just need to be faster. I would like to run only one machine. (keep the rig small)

I like the Exmark Vantage and the stand on idea for mixed properties. However my dealer also has many gravely Z's for much less (60" Z for 5k right now on sale) I have not heard that much feedback on the vantages, but I will be trying one next week.

How much more efficient would I be with these mowers and which would be the fastest most versatile. Any photos of each machines cut would be helpful. Thanks a lot in advance

randy100170
11-17-2011, 12:29 AM
For Sale Exmark Vantage 48 " mower with a 24HP kawasaki engine. Unit has only 6 hours on it . Would be willing to trade for 54" super Z or a Scag 52" mower

ommegang
11-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Here's a 48" Toro Grandstand for $5600.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toro-74538-Grandstand-Zero-Turn-Mower-/200665726396?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb89bfdbc

If you can get a good deal on a Toro they have a better warranty - 5 years. I paid $7000 for my Scag 52" Vride at 0% for two years. I think 52" are the best size mowers if only one. Look for 0% financing and a good price. I prefer standers for the high visibility and on/off for garbage p/u. And ther'e cheaper than a ZTR. A little lighter too. Should be easier to work on too. Look on Craigslist too. I just picked-up a new 36" Grandstand with 60 hours for $3000 on craigslist.

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=756&pictureid=5392

Ridin' Green
11-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Hi I am in the process of buying a new mower. I currently have close to 20 residential lawns 10k sq ft to one 2 acre lawn. Mowing is about 50% of my business and I am looking to expand. I currently run a 5x10 trailer w/ a Toro Proline 44. My Proline is great just need to be faster. I would like to run only one machine. (keep the rig small)

I like the Exmark Vantage and the stand on idea for mixed properties. However my dealer also has many gravely Z's for much less (60" Z for 5k right now on sale) I have not heard that much feedback on the vantages, but I will be trying one next week.

How much more efficient would I be with these mowers and which would be the fastest most versatile. Any photos of each machines cut would be helpful. Thanks a lot in advance

Just remember, a 60" Z isn't going to fit onto your 5'X10' trailer, in case that's the way you were thinking about going. Even a 54" can be kind of snug on a 5'X10' trailer depending on your exact trailer, and the exact 54" mower you buy.

A rig like the one in the post above may be just the ticket for you.

randy100170
11-18-2011, 12:03 AM
I absolutely hate stand on mowers as well as my employees. Once you have a nice ZTR Rider such as a Hustler, Scag, or Exmark you will never go back to a stand on unit!!!!!!!!! The only true benefit to having a Stand on unit it that it takes up less space on a Trailer. We Purchased a new Exmark Vantage and wish the heck I would of had my HEAD Examined. There is no way a person can operate that mower and try to keep up with a good rider. We carry a 48" Exmark Turf TracerHP walk behind, a 32" exmark HYDRO walk behind, 2 21" push mowers, Hustler Super Z rider and Accelerator grass catchers all on a 17' 102" wide inside floor custom made landscape trailer

IXINRGIXI
11-21-2011, 10:29 PM
scag in my mind has the best stander over wright. we compared them side to side and the scag vride held hills and out cut the wright mower ... exmark is ok: cuts great doesn't hang hills for ****. and i dont know to much at all about gravely

c2weech
11-22-2011, 10:38 AM
scag in my mind has the best stander over wright. we compared them side to side and the scag vride held hills and out cut the wright mower ... exmark is ok: cuts great doesn't hang hills for ****. and i dont know to much at all about gravely

Just curious what model of wright did you compare the v ride to?