PDA

View Full Version : home made leaf vac?

sirsweatsalot
10-13-2002, 01:53 AM
i was wondering if anyone has made or has seen a home made(from the ground up) leaf vac system? i was thinking about putting one together this winter just looking for some ideas and plans?

LAWNGODFATHER
10-13-2002, 02:52 AM
A word of wisdom, take your impeller to a machine shop for 100% perfect balance.

This is one thing I would not build at home.

Bunton Guy
10-13-2002, 10:52 AM
Are you speaking of a big truck loader leaf vac or a walk behind leaf vac ? If your top of the line Jessie James Fabricator go ahead :alien:

FrankenScagMachines
10-13-2002, 01:22 PM
I have thought about it, not making my own impeller and housing though, but my neighbor has an impeller and housing I think he's gonna give me, from a lawn vac trailer, but no motor included. I might make one for a mower vac but I would probably just make it run off a mower pulley. I had a nice rig built for my mower for this years leave's but I think my mower finally died yesterday :D Why am I grinning? It was a 15 y.o. rear engine rider. It was a great mower and cut and striped like you wouldnt' beleive but it's time for something bigger and better. It's a handy excuse to get a used walk behind now. :blob4: So the w/b leaf vac might be some sort of low profile bin over top of the deck with a pulley driven vac that picks up stuff and blows it up into the bin. Maybe I dunno. But it has to be lower profile so i can see, not like the Trac-Vac with a big trash can up there! :dizzy: LOL. If I get another mower this year I'll probably just get a side catcher for now.
Eric

beck
10-13-2002, 03:34 PM
Instead of having one made,why not buy one that is made for an existing leaf vac(Billy goat, Parker, Giant Vac, etc.)

mike9497
10-19-2002, 05:17 AM
there is a company called woodland power products in connecticut they make a vac for lawn tractors i use it on my truck its only 6 hp but it works great and for 900 its not a bad deal billy goats go for 2400