PDA

View Full Version : Gravely XDZ 260 Demo review...

TriCityLawnCareLLC
05-29-2011, 10:35 PM
I had the opportunity to demo a Gravely XDZ Pro-Turn 260 this past Friday. It worked out great too, My part-timer and I were behind due to rain. I currently only have one ZTR, It's an 09 Kubota zg222 48 pro-deck. (I love it by the way).

Review: 27 horse Kawasaki.
Controls were awesome, a little touchy but extremely smooth, the suspension seat was great. This machine weighs almost as much as my Kubota, but feels much lighter, especially making turns. It doesn't tear the grass up nearly as bad even when making delicate three point turns. Cuts great even in wet grass, only problem (in wet grass) deck likes to clogg a bit, nothing too major though. Another possible positive problem is it throws everything, from super small twigs to a super small unseen rock (I didn't even see it, the mower picked it up and threw it right at a car but somehow, like a curve ball it went around the car ) so this may signify that it has great lift. Over-all It liked it for the 4.5 hours we put on it. It was a brand new machine too. Operator platform was very spacious and comfortable. Twin gas tanks. I would like to see a gas gauge on it though. I also had troubles putting the key into the ignition, i could see having to replace after 50 hours, It doesn't go in very well and after the 4.5 hours it looked like we had beat the snot out of the ignition with a screw driver. I'm also not sure how i feel about the fan motors. It's not hydrostatic. What other mower uses this design? All in all though, I'd give it 4 stars out of 5. Driving that then going back to my Kubota is like trying to drive a rock. The Kubota is much stiffer in it's steering. I love that the Kubota has a pto shaft driven deck and a hydrolic lift mower deck. :) Anyhow, this is my review. I'm in the market for next year and was to demo many others before the season is out. Enjoy.
-Matthew

MOturkey
05-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Check out a Pro-Master. A few more dollars, but try one with the 31 horse Kawasaki and hydraulic deck lift. I think you will be quite pleased.