PDA

View Full Version : Toro Dingo Advice

buckmaster77
05-30-2011, 12:14 AM
I just graduated college with a degree in Landscape Design and management. I have started an install buisiness and am looking to add a Dingo to my tools. I found one close by that has 1200 hours on machine with a brand new motor not rebuilt. it comes with the cultivator, landscape rake, pallet forks, bucket, land leveler. i think i can buy it for around 6k... is this a good deal??? also the left side has a small leak i think it has a broken seal.. any help would be apppreciated thanks
Jeffrey

White Gardens
05-30-2011, 01:04 AM
I just graduated college with a degree in Landscape Design and management. I have started an install buisiness and am looking to add a Dingo to my tools. I found one close by that has 1200 hours on machine with a brand new motor not rebuilt. it comes with the cultivator, landscape rake, pallet forks, bucket, land leveler. i think i can buy it for around 6k... is this a good deal??? also the left side has a small leak i think it has a broken seal.. any help would be apppreciated thanks
Jeffrey

Whole deal for 6K. I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

buckmaster77
05-30-2011, 01:07 AM
What about the seal?? Any clue how much tht would run to fix? I am 23 and don't want a money pit being as how I just graduated
Posted via Mobile Device

White Gardens
05-30-2011, 01:14 AM
No clue on that. Could be a number of things. As long as it doesn't leak bad, I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't ever seen any machine with a hydraulic system that didn't leak.

I grew up on a farm and our philosophy was don't buy a piece of equipment that you can't work on yourself, so if you are cash strapped and worried about repair bills, then I wouldn't venture into it.

P.Services
05-30-2011, 01:14 AM
If it has tits, tracks or tires its going to be a money pit. Get use to it now so it won't shock you latter.
Posted via Mobile Device

White Gardens
05-30-2011, 01:15 AM
If it has tits, tracks or tires its going to be a money pit. Get use to it now so it won't shock you latter.
Posted via Mobile Device

:laugh::laugh:

buckmaster77
05-30-2011, 01:18 AM
It runs out awesome turns with no noises and the leak is minor but comes from large wheel in the rear left of machine.. other than that no problems with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

buckmaster77
05-30-2011, 01:19 AM
It seriously is a brand new kohler with tags still no dust on them. I am jut wondeing what usualy goes wrong with these units.. and the tracks are new
Posted via Mobile Device

White Gardens
05-30-2011, 01:23 AM
It seriously is a brand new kohler with tags still no dust on them. I am jut wondeing what usualy goes wrong with these units.. and the tracks are new
Posted via Mobile Device

Basically I would call your toro dealer and tell them them the model and hours and they can tell you what parts might go bad soon.

I had my Vermeer rep. give me a write-up of the parts for my mini before I decided to buy. The biggest expense for me was going to be the pump if it ever fails, and they sell re-maned pumps for a fraction of new.

RodneyK
05-30-2011, 11:12 AM
If I understand correctly what attachments come with it and if they are in decent shape the attachments themselves are worth almost 6K...the cultivator is big dollars. I would buy that in a heartbeat...

Phoenix Landscape Design
05-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm gonna go with the others. Based on what you've written here, it's a great deal. Regardless of how good a deal it is, of course you just make sure your business is big enough to keep the machine busy, and that you're charging enough to keep the machine in good repair.

@Picasso: Tits, tracks, and tires... hilarious!!!

pikewillis1
05-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Is the Dingo thats leaking a wheeled Dingo or a tracked Dingo?

DIXIECONTRACTING
06-01-2011, 10:52 AM
BUY IT mine (425TX Wide Track ) has been a serious money maker with little maintenance needed. This machine will make you money and if you can't get enough work for it sell it for more than you paid for it becaude the cultivator alone will sell for $3500-$4500 so it sounds like a win win.

GrandMaster
06-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Jeffrey

Sweat little buggers! Id swoop it NOW!