PDA

View Full Version : BOP New Ultra-High Lift Blades

jweiner
05-30-2011, 09:30 AM
I put these new blades on my Quick 36 a few weeks ago. I noticed that they did a nicer job with mulching with only one problem. I had grass pieces flying all over the place to the point that the deck had an inch worth of clippings laying on it and I was covered with grass (and probably swallowed a bunch too). I then decided to see how things would work with side discharging. I think this was the solution with these blades as the side discharge still does a decent mulching job and I am no longer covered in grass at the completion of mowing. Just an FYI for anyone who might be contemplating or using these blades.

cpllawncare
05-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Thx for the review, I may just give these a shot, where did you buy them?

jweiner
05-30-2011, 09:56 AM
I got them from BOP at the end of last summer. They are the replacement blades for their high lift blades.

Turf Dawg
05-30-2011, 10:09 AM
You are right, these blades have way too much lift for mulching. I really wish they would offer a set with half as much lift but the same cutting surface for mulching and keep these new ones for discharging.

docj78
05-30-2011, 10:28 AM
LOL. I have these on my 44 dually. In real dry conditions they do leave me looking like a grass/dust monster. It is actually kinda lousy.

They do cut pretty nicely though.

cpllawncare
05-30-2011, 04:29 PM
You are right, these blades have way too much lift for mulching. I really wish they would offer a set with half as much lift but the same cutting surface for mulching and keep these new ones for discharging.

Hmm maybe I won't try these afterall, I want to stick to mulching

AgriCut™
05-31-2011, 10:40 AM
We use the Ultra Hi-Lift blades on all of our 36" machines. It allows us to mulch in the early morning light dew.

tuffram
05-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Please excuse my lack of knowledge but what are BOP blades and where is a BOP store??

LandscaperPro
05-31-2011, 12:11 PM

Gator offers a mulching blade meant for mulching decks. These have the extended cutting surface as well as larger thickness for extended edge life. You can see if we have your size. Just pay attention to blade length and center hole size.

http://www.landscaperpro.com/gator.aspx

Thanks,
Blake
LandscaperPRo

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-31-2011, 12:39 PM
I got the replacement Hi Lifts last year for my Quick 36 Ninja. Using them this season side discharge only (I only mulch in the fall with leaf cover). Overall, I would say they are a modest improvement over the original blades. In thick spring growth, the deck does get a bit less clogged up than with the old blades. However, there is still a decent amount of buildup under there, enough that scraping between jobs is sometimes necessary. There is also more blowout from under the deck than with the old blades. Enough that the top of the deck is covered with a 2" pile of grass after each cut. Not a huge deal, but still dirty.

So, the new blades are modestly better. Still some deck clogging, though a bit more tolerable. Mower still has same nice cut however.

Patriot Services
05-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Please excuse my lack of knowledge but what are BOP blades and where is a BOP store??

BOP= Better Outdoor Products. An American company that manufactures single and dual hydro walk behinds. No stores, all units factory shipped. Economical alternative for many companies.
Posted via Mobile Device

docj78
06-01-2011, 01:02 PM
On a side note about deck scraping--IS there any legitimate concern for standing the mower ALL the way back onto the handle to allow for easy/complete access to the underside of the deck?

I guess my concern would be oil running into the wrong parts of the motor..?

XLS
06-01-2011, 01:53 PM
It would only depend on the engine orintation of the valves and the top of the engine when the mower is tilted UP If the valves are on the low side of theengine i will say you will smoke on start up if the valve cover is on the up side of this angle i say its a go ......I am not fimilure with BOP design or its engines placements but this is a safe way to know .

ALC-GregH
06-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Both valve covers are on the right side so one will be at the bottom and one at the top if he leans it back that far. I just use a pull strap and hook it to the back of the trailer or my Scag and pop it up until it bottoms on the stepsaver.

Exact Rototilling
06-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Yes I have found the standard lift blades to be better at mulching with the plate installed. Just sharpen down to the spindle hole. Cut is better and stringers greatly reduced.

I will be posting a cross reference for blades avaible for all BOP mowers 32, 36 & 44. Still testing a few combinations now. Will post July or late June.

The single notch high lifts are essential for bagging.
Posted via Mobile Device