PDA

View Full Version : Kubota ZD331 questions

Farmer4U
05-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I bought a new Kubota ZD331 2 days ago and was wondering if anyone could help me. Do they make any different blades other than the stock ones that came with it? I don't think it cuts very good. Thought maybe there was some out there that would give a better cut. Can the hydro-stat be adjusted? It's very sensitive and hard to push the sticks. Thanks

TriCityLawnCareLLC
05-30-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure about the hydros, I have a ZG222 (kubota) the sticks are pretty though.

Tall Rider
05-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Try some high lift/high sail blades. The Kubota Pro deck needs good airflow/suction to stand up the blades of grass for a good clean cut. I have really admired Kubota for the continued improvements to their machines over the years. They are build like tanks to last for years and years around the bullet proof diesel engines, the hydros will loosen up over time but the machine handles accordingly for how heavy and tough built they are.

Farmer4U
05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Try some high lift/high sail blades. The Kubota Pro deck needs good airflow/suction to stand up the blades of grass for a good clean cut. I have really admired Kubota for the continued improvements to their machines over the years. They are build like tanks to last for years and years around the bullet proof diesel engines, the hydros will loosen up over time but the machine handles accordingly for how heavy and tough built they are.

Can you get those blades form Kubota or do you have to buy them aftermarket somewhere? Thanks for the reply.

grassman177
05-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device they come standard with high lift,i switched to low lift, kubota or aftermarket.they are listed for other mowers, but only pay attention to the dimensions

TriCityLawnCareLLC
05-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Grassman, I know you guys run or ran the kubota ZD series. I'm shopping around for next year, been demoing different machines. I know the ZD are extremely heavy, almost 2,000lbs with fuel and rider. Has that affected much? I know my ZG222 loves to tear up the turf if i'm not careful. What do you love about these machine? NOT TRYING TO STEAL THE THREAD, JUST FIGURED IT'S AN APPROPRIATE PLACE TO ASK.

tuffram
05-31-2011, 07:52 AM
Grassman, I know you guys run or ran the kubota ZD series. I'm shopping around for next year, been demoing different machines. I know the ZD are extremely heavy, almost 2,000lbs with fuel and rider. Has that affected much? I know my ZG222 loves to tear up the turf if i'm not careful. What do you love about these machine? NOT TRYING TO STEAL THE THREAD, JUST FIGURED IT'S AN APPROPRIATE PLACE TO ASK.

My zg222 was tearing up turf until I let a lot of air out of the back tires I am only running 8psi in the rear tires and it has helped a lot try letting some air out the tires see if it helps you.

grassman177
05-31-2011, 08:52 AM
i did this year go with less psi and it helped.

they are heavy, and it can verymuch be detrimental to turf, especially in wet conditions.

love though, the fact you can float across tall grass like a boat on water cuz the power is def there and the deck does a fantastic job at cutting and dishcarging at high speeds(maybe not perfect, but it gets it out and then can double cut for a flawless appearance)

i love the easy maintenance. the extra room of the operator area. smooth ride, the oscillating front end is great with anti scalp rollers for the deck, makes scalping difficult to do

tuffram
05-31-2011, 09:08 AM
i did this year go with less psi and it helped.

they are heavy, and it can verymuch be detrimental to turf, especially in wet conditions.

love though, the fact you can float across tall grass like a boat on water cuz the power is def there and the deck does a fantastic job at cutting and dishcarging at high speeds(maybe not perfect, but it gets it out and then can double cut for a flawless appearance)

i love the easy maintenance. the extra room of the operator area. smooth ride, the oscillating front end is great with anti scalp rollers for the deck, makes scalping difficult to do

If you scalp with a Kubota pro deck you do not need to be on a ztr my 48'' pro deck has 6 anti scalp wheels making it almost impossible to scalp with.