PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress up for Halloween while working?

GarPA
10-13-2002, 05:22 AM
just wondering if any of you for fun put a mask on or anything around 10/31...assuming of course good visibility has to be maintained for safety reasons...it may be a bit hokey but I get a kick out of Halloween and was thinkng about it...but as ugly as some of you are, putting a mask on would reduce the fright factor instead of enhancing it!!....lol

BigJim
10-13-2002, 05:35 AM
It would be kind of hot mowing with a pumpkin on your head all day:pumpkin:
Actually Halloween isn't celebrated down this way,no tricks or treats here.

geogunn
10-13-2002, 07:52 AM
the idea sounds fun but remember some people attach great significance to HALLOWEEN as a religous day.

and what you make of it depends on what side of Christianity you identify.

of course I am generally refering to the extreme sides of the issue.

most people would probably get a kick ot of seeing guys riding ZTRs with their capes blowing in the breeze.

post pics if you do it....

GEO

kppurn
10-13-2002, 11:09 AM
I wear a big gorilla suit while mowing :eek: .............

Just kidding......I will be wearing normal work attire.
Pants, company sweatshirt and probably five layers underneath because of the cool temps :(

TurfGuyTX
10-13-2002, 11:31 AM
I think that if the temp's are cool enough, I'll let the guys try that out. It could be fun.

Ryan Lightning
10-13-2002, 01:21 PM
You guys woth open trailers and riders, could make a scare crow are something and put it on the mower between jobs.:alien:

mdb landscaping
10-13-2002, 02:04 PM
i think it would be pretty funny. if i saw a guy mowing a lawn on a rider all dressed up i would laugh my ***** off. Maybe dress up as superman with a cape on. when your mowing the cape could be flapping in the wind like your flying. just watch out for the muffer and other moving parts.

jeffyr
10-13-2002, 02:21 PM
All the full time guys can dress up as day laborers from South o the border.

The Superman costume on a rider would be histerical.

:p

jeffyr

JML
10-13-2002, 06:30 PM
I usually buy lunch for the guys that dress up. Only a few guys do it, had the gorilla suit, prisoner, and I think a pirate with a few other cheesy ones..

Rhett
10-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Thought I was the only one. This year I am going to be a cow. Yes utters and all. At least till it gets to dang hot. Should be worth a few laughs. Now I know that the look professional guys
are going to kick in. :D

ksland
10-13-2002, 08:51 PM
no

Green Pastures
10-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Rhett,

My mom owns a condo in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I went down with her last Christmas for my break/vacation. Destin was a beautiful area. I'm sure I saw some of your work! I really liked GS too, but Destin was a little more ritzy. What a nice place to live and work.

Scott

jalawn
10-13-2002, 08:52 PM
After reading these posts, me and my partner are definitly going to dress up this year. I will post pics, too. Promise.

Jamie

MATTHEW
10-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Never really considered it before, but this year I'm going to buy one of those huge fro's from Wallgreens and wear my star shaped sunglasses.

Who knows, I might just get some new buisiness!:pumpkin:

greenman
10-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Rhett
Thought I was the only one. This year I am going to be a cow. Yes utters and all. At least till it gets to dang hot. Should be worth a few laughs. Now I know that the look professional guys
are going to kick in. :D

So instead of mowing, are you going to be mooing? Instead of cutting, are you going to be grazing?:D :D

gunputt
10-13-2002, 09:33 PM
Last year I dressed up as a Chem-Lawn rep, but I lost 2 accounts, so I will have to try something else:p

Expert Lawns
10-13-2002, 09:39 PM
is there anyway to dress up the mowers without a hazzard? like convert it into a batmobile? :rolleyes: just an idea, what do you think? may be a lot of work though

mdb landscaping
10-13-2002, 09:58 PM
i posted this in another thread, but its more appropriate here. this is an idea if somebody needs a costumehttp://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/ctyclerk/citynews/Citynews_May01/lawnranger.jpg

Got Grass?
10-13-2002, 10:58 PM
Scream masks always work.
Goat, Snow Man, Beaver, Bum, Mexican labor, Edward sissor hands
Ya could always dress up as a "Suit & Tie" office worker.
Wear hospital scrubs & be a scrub for a day.
An Inmate if you mow any roadsides or govt. buildings.
Undertaker or mummy if you mow graves.
Priest, Munk , Pope or Vampire ir you mow Churches.
Bin-ladden or someone on most wanted list if near police station.
A Target if you mow Wal-Mart.
Something Bloody & stick rubber fingers or foot on mower deck.

:blob4:

Gravely_Man
10-14-2002, 02:58 PM
My wife makes a scarecrow that rides in the trailer for about a week before hand. I have never had a problem with him getting stolen although he does get a little wind blown going down the road.

Gravely_Man

rodfather
10-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Prob not Gary...my ol' lady says I'm scary enough as it is early in the morning, lol.

What does she know anyhow? She's blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! Hehe:D

dr grass
10-14-2002, 07:21 PM
last year i wore an evil - clown mask. i was the only lco i seen that dressed up. i got a few good laughs out of it though!!

shep :)

Bob Minney
10-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by gunputt
Last year I dressed up as a Chem-Lawn rep, but I lost 2 accounts, so I will have to try something else:p

Thats just too damn funny:laugh: :laugh:

Once I did orange sport coat, checked pants, white belt & shoes, That late in the season it was clean ups only, think I had the old ladies worried.

What I do now is bag some leafs in pumkin bag for customer. Great for repeat business. If anybody is interested I have an on line source that sells them 3 for $1.00

Rhett
10-14-2002, 09:08 PM
LOL Grazing and mooing sound ok as long as no one tries to milk me.

MikeLT1Z28
10-14-2002, 11:06 PM
i'd say i'd dress up like a TGCL employee but i might lose some customers! :D

f350
10-14-2002, 11:24 PM
not to rain on your spooky post!! heheh but at one time anyone with a license has been a trigreen employee!!!

65hoss
10-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Think I'll dress up as a scag user.:dizzy:

bobbygedd
10-15-2002, 01:23 AM
yea, i dress up like the villiage idiot. i wear jeans, a flannel shirt, work boots, hearing and eye protection, then i go to peoples house and cut grass. o wait, im not an idiot, im a lawn man...

LAWNS AND MOWER
10-16-2002, 09:54 AM
Dressing up like a Scrub would be very scary!!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER