PDA

View Full Version : Mulch in South Florida

dleonard77
05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Are there any companies that deliver mulch in bulk, such as 10-30 yds, in south florida without it being bagged?

Greg78
05-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Are there any companies that deliver mulch in bulk, such as 10-30 yds, in south florida without it being bagged?

There are lots of places across South Florida. Check craigslist.

http://miami.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=20&subAreaID=3&query=mulch&catAbb=sss

Greg78
05-30-2011, 05:50 PM
I've only done mulch that wasn't in bags once, lets just say I won't be doing it again. Just did a 120 bag job (8.5yds) was nice and easy. Had a pallet and a half loaded on the trailer.

Next job we will be using 3 CU FT bags from JDL. Just talked to them last week when I was picking up some fert, we can get a better deal through them than anybody else I've used.

grassman88
05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
i what make bag mulch better? up here its a home owner thing no landscaper will use bag mulch pretty much. ive only used bagged once and will never again for one you have all that plastic going to the landfills and i can get 3 yards spread by myself in a little more than an hour. not saying that your wrong for doing it that way just woundering if im missing something that could help me in the future haha

Florida Gardener
05-31-2011, 11:19 AM

not sure exactly where you are in wpb, but bushel stop delivers by the yard. We have one in Jupiter and I know there is one in Lantana as well......

dleonard77
05-31-2011, 11:27 AM
yeah there's no way im going to be using bags for landscape projects. I find it extremely inefficient and too pricey.

Plantculture
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
yeah there's no way im going to be using bags for landscape projects. I find it extremely inefficient and too pricey.

My experience has been the opposite. Cost is about the same and its easier to handle.

Greg78
05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
i what make bag mulch better? up here its a home owner thing no landscaper will use bag mulch pretty much. ive only used bagged once and will never again for one you have all that plastic going to the landfills and i can get 3 yards spread by myself in a little more than an hour. not saying that your wrong for doing it that way just woundering if im missing something that could help me in the future haha

There was just a thread on this very topic. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=350189&highlight=bagged+mulch

Greg78
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Bagged I can get for $22.50 a yard(9 3 CU Ft bags) and price goes down with volume.
Bulk mulch was at $35.70 a yard.

capelawncare.com
05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
I have used Bulk and Bagged, And I have to say bagged is by far easier. Unless...your doing one big area, and dump the bulk right on it.

Greg78
05-31-2011, 04:58 PM
I have used Bulk and Bagged, And I have to say bagged is by far easier. Unless...your doing one big area, and dump the bulk right on it.

I agree. Doesn't happen very often for us.

Florida Gardener
05-31-2011, 05:45 PM
i also agree that bagged is easier. If you have the right help bagged is very quick to lay down.....

grassman88
05-31-2011, 06:20 PM
up north you will not see a landscaper use bagged mulch everythings sold by yard or ton no place that i know of even stock enugh to do most jobs it would have to be ordered. ive used bagged mulch on one job and hated it. i will never do it again plus you have to get rid of all those plastic bags and by the yard if you get to know the loader operator he will give you extra haha