PDA

View Full Version : Rash in my legs from trimming! Heelllppppp

cuttin-to-the-Max
05-30-2011, 10:15 PM
So I trimmed all day today and now I have this pain/ burn in bet. My legs....it kills! I can't even walk with my legs closed... Anyone ever have this happen to them before??? My coworker has it too!
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
05-30-2011, 10:26 PM
You never heard of "Monkeybutt"?

LawnGuy35
05-30-2011, 10:29 PM
If, by between the legs, you mean your groin area, it sounds like chafing. Wear a good pair of boxer briefs...never boxers. Boxer briefs prevent skin from rubbing skin up in that region...boxers don't. Plus, it doesn't hurt to apply some absorbent powder around the area before you head out for the day, and maybe a few times throughout the day.

weeze
05-30-2011, 10:46 PM
oh man that sucks...i get that sometimes if i go walking/running for miles...best thing is don't wear any underwear at all lol...it works...even with briefs the edge of the briefs can rub you raw as well.

LawnGuy35
05-30-2011, 10:53 PM
oh man that sucks...i get that sometimes if i go walking/running for miles...best thing is don't wear any underwear at all lol...it works...even with briefs the edge of the briefs can rub you raw as well.

Trust me, that is FAR from the best thing to do. Anytime skin rubs skin (especially when you're sweating), chafing will be a problem. Again, a good pair of boxer briefs will prevent it. Last spring I always wore boxers, and on hotter days, chafing occurred. But ever since then I've been wearing Under Armor boxer briefs and haven't had a problem.

Landscape Poet
05-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Under Armour underwear briefs will help with the issue you describe.

GMLC
05-30-2011, 11:00 PM
ahhh first time with monkey butt....You will never leave for work without powdering up again! Boxer briefs and gold bond medicated work best...

ALC-GregH
05-30-2011, 11:01 PM
You could wear a thong and "wick" the sweat right out of there. :D

weeze
05-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Trust me, that is FAR from the best thing to do. Anytime skin rubs skin (especially when you're sweating), chafing will be a problem. Again, a good pair of boxer briefs will prevent it. Last spring I always wore boxers, and on hotter days, chafing occurred. But ever since then I've been wearing Under Armor boxer briefs and haven't had a problem.

well i guess it depends...my skin doesn't rub when i do that but the underwear rubs my skin...lol...i've never had a problem while trimming or anything though wearing underwear or even walking like at a mall or something...it only seems to happen if i go to a walking track or something but it doesn't always happen...it's weird lol...i never wear boxers...they are just too hot lol...i hate those boxer briefs too cuz i don't like it on my legs and it riding up and such...briefs only for me lol

SouthSide Cutter
05-30-2011, 11:07 PM
well i guess it depends...my skin doesn't rub when i do that but the underwear rubs my skin...lol...i've never had a problem while trimming or anything though wearing underwear or even walking like at a mall or something...it only seems to happen if i go to a walking track or something but it doesn't always happen...it's weird lol...i never wear boxers...they are just too hot lol...i hate those boxer briefs too cuz i don't like it on my legs and it riding up and such...briefs only for me lol

When you grow up things will change trust me.

Agape
05-30-2011, 11:28 PM
get heat rash sometimes, smear vaseline in the area before you go to work, also soaking in a tub when u get it will sting at first, but will then hydrate the skin and help relief.

05-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Buy a tube of A& D ointment put it on at night and you will be like new in the morning. If you had kids you used it on them for diaper rash, works great.

BINKY1902
05-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Boudreaux's Butt Paste works good. The moisture wicking undershorts work well too.

weeze
05-31-2011, 12:23 AM
When you grow up things will change trust me.

how old you talking? i'm 36 lol

johnny_boy02
05-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Under Armour underwear boxer briefs will help with the issue you describe.

Go to Target and get their version of this. The same quality at 1/4 of the price.

Merkava_4
05-31-2011, 04:15 AM
Under Armour underwear briefs will help with the issue you describe.

Hey, that's some good looking underwear. :D

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n284/MACDRIVE/SCREEN%20SHOTS/UnderArmour.png

Landscape Poet
05-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Go to Target and get their version of this. The same quality at 1/4 of the price.

I have heard that, but I have UA outlet here in Orlando, this makes them very affordable and way under retail.

topsites
05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
I am sorry to say it because I realize it is a serious issue but this is one hilarious thread.

Now, my recommendation...
Try some regular work pants like Khaki pants if you normally wear jeans, or vice versa,
it could be the tightness of the cloth, on that note if your pants are tight try wearing
looser ones or if they're loose try something a little bit fitter.

That, in my opinion, is at the root of the problem, is either the fit or possibly the material.

On another note 36 apparently may not be as grown up as you'd think :p

jason72g
05-31-2011, 01:42 PM
So I trimmed all day today and now I have this pain/ burn in bet. My legs....it kills! I can't even walk with my legs closed... Anyone ever have this happen to them before??? My coworker has it too!
Posted via Mobile Device

How long have you been mowing? And you're just now getting it?

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-01-2011, 08:37 PM
How long have you been mowing? And you're just now getting it?

See that's the thing I've been mowing for like 15 years and have only had this a handful of times!
I never posted something like this but the only reason I did was because I was in soooooo much pain it just went to my head lol!
I wear boxer briefs everyday and that day it was hot as he'll and I was wearing some tight jeans so now I carry khaki shorts to change into if it gets how.... Also I was sweating... "down there"
That's why I think I got it! My guys said I gotta learn how to watch what goes up my @$$

I....well my wife! Put on some bassoons like stuff and some meliluca (spelling) oil on it...went to sleep oily and greasy that night but then woke up could barely feel it! Deff. Healed majority of pain
Posted via Mobile Device

turf&snow98
06-01-2011, 09:00 PM
This post is kinda funny, however i wish it was here before....I had a HUGE problem with this last year, i tried everything, baby power, gold bond, gold bond max The ONLY thing that works for me is DESATIN REGULAR STRENGTH ( i tried the max stuff its to thick) This stuff is for diaper rash but it works great ! I smear it right where my legs meet my torso and im good to go. I carry a tube in the truck too in case things get bad.

jiggz
06-01-2011, 10:23 PM
were all forgetting the obvious answer here..lose the weight you fatty fat fat..
lol.. my weight goes up and down 30 pounds depending if im training or not and i notice it happening alot more when im not that in shape.. boxer briefs work well.. but the under-armor ones work really well!!!!.. the ones that were previously shown in the pic arnt the ones you want.. you want the skin tight joints

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah they are called compression shorts....
With the way we've been soo busy with landscape jobs and cutting 14" grass due to the rain
I have been loading about 9 pounds a week.... I was 170 3 wks ago now I'm 6' tall and 150 pounds!
At this rate i'll be vegan by winter...
Posted via Mobile Device

rcslawncare
06-01-2011, 10:56 PM
This thread is great! But a good one, gold bond for me, it really bites when it happens. Also get it on the motorcycle with long rides.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
06-02-2011, 05:32 AM
I'm glad i'm not the only one that gets chaffed.LOL. Goldbond medicaded powder and Aquophor baby healing cream works for me.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
06-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I get it too...... I use Secret womans deodorant, roll on type, down there every morning and it prevents it. I usually freeball, and wear thin cotton shorts.