PDA

View Full Version : husqvarna pz6034 review

crocs27
05-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Ok, this is only my second commercial ztr so bare with me. I'm comparing this to a Toro z500 with the 7 guage deck. I have about 40 hours on it now so I think i've spent enough time on it to give it a review. First off the cut is unbelievable. Never any stragglers even when cutting at full speed 12mph. Leaves nice stripes even without a kit. I like how close the caster wheels are to the deck. It seems to give me a few more inches on the trailer which i needed. Extreme power through thick heavy wet stuff. Changed the blades to super high lift and motor seems to bog only a small bit while going uphill through the thick grass. Never did with the standard blades. Lots of tie down points. Very good hill stability. Haven't scalped a lawn yet. Suspension seat is extremely helpfull since i've had some back problems. The only negative think I can say about this machine is the fuel consuption. It's freakin terrible. Probably about 2 gallons per hour. It's killin me. I'm still concerned with the Kawi 34 but my dealer assured me that the kawi issues from last year have been resolved. Haven't had any issues as of yet but I will post again If I do.

fier23
06-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Nice review. I was seriously considering your model when looking for my last one but went with a Bad Boy Lightning 32/60. I love it but man I'd love to try a Husq. No one in my area sells them and I know of nobody that has one. Maybe next one. My 32 vanguard isn't the easiest on the fuel either but your consumption seems like alot to me. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

brookline
06-01-2011, 06:56 PM
How is it holding up? Just looked at some husqvarna's today because I found out my local dealer started carrying them. I see it sitting next to the scag's and exmarks he has and these things are way beefier and solid for about $2K less. I am very seriously considering it. I just have never even thought about one so I don't know as much about the reviews on them
Posted via Mobile Device

crocs27
06-03-2011, 10:19 PM
It's holding up really well. I really love this machine. It seems as if the engine is about broken in by now as it never bogs at at anymore. I would highly consider the 6029 as well because i'm sure it has enough power and wont be as tough on you with gas. The PZ line seems like a top of the line product for a lot less than other brands. Good luck to all and if anyowe has any questions, feel free to fire away.

castlerockmo
06-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I have the 29 on mine (dixon) so I got the pz6029 basically. The 29 gets about 1.5 gph and the only time it really bogs down is going up a really steep hill and he has to be steep enough the front end won't stay down. Glad you like it I love mine too!
Posted via Mobile Device

crocs27
06-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Hey Castlerock, Are the dixons and pz's msrp priced the same? Just curious since they are so similar.

castlerockmo
06-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Yea. They are a little cheaper, the don't have a suspension seat, its nice but not like the Pz. They don't have solid front tires, the new ones have hydro gear Zt5400 where pz is pump and wheel motors. Other than that they are the same as well as the yazoo/kees, I'm not sure if they are puting the 5400s under the max3 or the pump and wheel.
Posted via Mobile Device