PDA

View Full Version : Customer feedback with monthly bill??

s-lc
05-30-2011, 10:06 PM
this is my first year running doing lawn care/landscaping and i am off to a great start. as i am planning on sending my first monthly bill out to all my customers i was thinking of ways to get some feedback. i plan on sending a write up with a self addressed stamped envelope with the bill included. i also wanted to include a blank index card...i will ask my customers to leave any comments,concerns, requests, or specific instructions on the card and send it back to me with the bill. is this a good idea? would there be a better way to get customer feedback throughout the season? thanks!!

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
If it were me I problably would just put something like a questions/comments/feedback or something like that

txgrassguy
05-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Any marketing person will tell you sending a comment form along with an invoice is a really dumb idea.
Why? Because the client has to remit payment and if they are already in a less than chipper mood the comment card gives them an "out" to blast you.
What I would do is send the comment card AFTER you have received at least three months of payments.
To receive legitimate feedback you first have to identify clients with a stable payment history which the first three months will provide.
Then do a separate mailing requesting feedback from only those clients who have proven payment record.
Contained in the comment card should be a separate check list of additional services they, the clients', would like to see you provide. This way you can specifically target what services you are able to up-sell in order to, be ready for it now - DIVERSIFY, DIVERSIFY and DIVERSIFY your services.
Once you have an established market segment, begin to diversify those services, solicit whatever feedback your business model requires to forecast ad implement accordingly.

gene gls
05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
this is my first year running doing lawn care/landscaping and i am off to a great start. as i am planning on sending my first monthly bill out to all my customers i was thinking of ways to get some feedback. i plan on sending a write up with a self addressed stamped envelope with the bill included. i also wanted to include a blank index card...i will ask my customers to leave any comments,concerns, requests, or specific instructions on the card and send it back to me with the bill. is this a good idea? would there be a better way to get customer feedback throughout the season? thanks!!

Waste of time for you and an aggravation for most customers. You should have a contract drawn up stating what the customer wants for service and the price and time line that you agree to do the service. Make sure you do the agreed on service and there should be no problems. When you see a customer just ask, how is your property looking, do I need to make any changes? Take special care to track your service for each customer and bill each month. If you find that you screwed up and forget to charge for a service durning that month, after the invoices are sent, eat the mistake and don't bill for past months work. A big red flag for all customers is when a service provider has a shoddy book keeping system.

JDiepstra
05-31-2011, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't ask for customers to give you suggestions how to better care for their lawn. Most people are idiots, so why would you want them telling you how to run your business?

justanotherlawnguy
05-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Just send the invoice and an addressed envelope. I wouldnt start paying for their postage, it might be an incentive for them to mail it a little quicker. However, just using the self addressed envelope is good enough. Thats what I do.

topsites
05-31-2011, 09:10 PM
They are right, you should save yourself all that time and money and frustration,
the best way to get feedback from your customers is to just listen to them.