PDA

View Full Version : Duratire cheap skid steer and other equipment tires

rawtoxic
05-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I was pricing out some new tires for our skid steer and came across Duratire they are at duratirecompany.com if you see they have a set of (4) 12 x 16.5 for $610 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Tempting for me usually I run junk 40%- tires from buddies all summer and really really nice tires for winter work (I have studded snow tires, hate chaining up unless really necessary!)

I need some new tires and none of my buddies have a set for me now, might have to buy some and I don't want to get total crap, so if anyone has bought some and can give me a review it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hopefully the adage you get what you pay for doesn't apply to these! I see they are 12 ply with the rim guard which is usually around $200 per tire for me locally.

ksss
05-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I was pricing out some new tires for our skid steer and came across Duratire they are at duratirecompany.com if you see they have a set of (4) 12 x 16.5 for $610 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Tempting for me usually I run junk 40%- tires from buddies all summer and really really nice tires for winter work (I have studded snow tires, hate chaining up unless really necessary!)

I need some new tires and none of my buddies have a set for me now, might have to buy some and I don't want to get total crap, so if anyone has bought some and can give me a review it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hopefully the adage you get what you pay for doesn't apply to these! I see they are 12 ply with the rim guard which is usually around $200 per tire for me locally.

I think these are the Chinese tires off Ebay. I have not heard much good about them. I am going to pull my NuAirs off soon and go with the SuperGrip X89 tire. Not cheap but quality seldom is.

ccstrebe
05-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Not cheap but quality seldom is.

Like the sign in the Snap-On tool truck once said "Buy only the best and cry only once"

rawtoxic
05-31-2011, 07:12 AM
I get that, but a skid steer tire is a wear item, folks. I have not seen 2 years out of set up here in the Rockies they don't call 'em the rocky mountains for nothing.

Mr. Rain
05-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Why take the chance if you're only saving $190 over a local tire you are familiar with? If you end up getting 20-25% less life out of them because they turn out to be cheap junk, you didn't save anything.