PDA

View Full Version : Billing/Invoicing

POWER STROKE
05-30-2011, 11:42 PM
I am rather new to the whole billing/invoicing procedure. I was just wondering how everyone else does it. I was thinking of mailing out the invoices on the 1st of every month and are due by the 15th for that months services, what do you think. This way I only mow twice and the checks should be coming in, just in case their is a customer who does not pay I only mowed twice and am not out of that much money. What do you guys think?

clean_cut
05-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a decent plan. Is it going to be under contract that the money is due by the 15th?

Your plan though, is pretty much how I do invoices.

weeble67
05-31-2011, 12:16 AM
I bill at the end of the month, payment due upon receipt. Then late fee of $5.00 monthly for all late accounts. I bill this based on who hasn't paid when I make out the next invoice.

Ijustwantausername
05-31-2011, 12:16 AM
I am rather new to the whole billing/invoicing procedure. I was just wondering how everyone else does it. I was thinking of mailing out the invoices on the 1st of every month and are due by the 15th for that months services, what do you think. This way I only mow twice and the checks should be coming in, just in case their is a customer who does not pay I only mowed twice and am not out of that much money. What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me.

MOturkey
05-31-2011, 12:44 AM
Depends upon your situation and clientele. I've never put a due date on any of my invoices. Some of my best customers, who have been with me for several years seldom get around to mailing payment until almost the end of the month. Once you get established, with several customers, the cash flow should work itself out.

One change I have made is to go ahead and print and mail invoices after the last date of service within the month. I have a few vacant lots I mow once a month, usually around the 15th, so I make out the invoices that night, and mail them the next day, instead of waiting until the first. Same with weekly accounts, if their service day is on Wednesday, the last day I service them within the month is the day I generate an invoice and get it mailed, which could be as early as the 23rd or 24th. This not only helps with cash flow, but also spreads the chore of getting invoices ready for mailing out over the last couple of weeks of the month, rather than having to do them all at once.

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
05-31-2011, 01:05 AM
i leave a bill at the customer's house or email it every 4th cut and payment is due within 15 days or a 5% late charge is added for every 15 days late...i find it easier to bill every 4 cuts but thats just me

kludgemonkey
05-31-2011, 04:23 AM
I split my customers up and do billing on the 1st and the 15th. Mix that in with my cash customers and it seems like I always have money coming in.

ChevyEddie
05-31-2011, 06:26 AM
I also do what MOturkey does, last cut of the month, I fill out the invoice that night and mail next morning, same reason for me, it gets the money coming in a little faster. I have been very blessed, I havent had anyone pay me late so I have no late fees in the contract. But if I had the worry, I agree I would put it in the contract.

Poontamer
05-31-2011, 11:16 AM

Looks good to me! I love that end of month pay-day!!! Its like when your ripping that envelope your saying " Finally ".
Posted via Mobile Device

tlc1994
05-31-2011, 12:19 PM
The OP has the most common invoicing procedure. I would be sure to implelement a late fee however, as it helps deter any common late payers.
Posted via Mobile Device