PDA

View Full Version : Quadrasteer

Lanelle
10-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Has anyone tried it yet? The Chevy salesman was bragging about it for snowplowing.

cat320
10-13-2002, 01:37 PM
That salesman is a jerk.and never plowed before.

odin
10-13-2002, 01:53 PM
Dont know how it does for snowplowing but my neice just got the sierra danali with quadrasteer she loves it.

She says it gets in and out of tight spaces and parking spaces much better then her old truck.She been doing a lot bragging about her truck.

The truck sure is a nice truck she gave almost 45 before her gm family plan discount.

Brickman
10-13-2002, 07:47 PM
According to Grounds mag the qaudsteer is only available in 1/2 ton set up. I wouldn't really want a half ton for plowing.

Hey Odin $45K in ANY brand would buy a very nice ride. Even in the Fords you hate.

CT18fireman
10-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Go to plowsite.com There is a discussion on this topic.

Brickman
10-14-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by CT18fireman
Go to plowsite.com There is a discussion on this topic.

Which forum? I couldn't find it.

CT18fireman
10-15-2002, 03:41 PM
http://plowsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=6409

Lanelle
10-15-2002, 10:19 PM
Thanks guys. I think I'll just buy another Ford. :D

Brickman
10-16-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Lanelle
Thanks guys. I think I'll just buy another Ford. :D

Ford good.

bubble boy
10-19-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Brickman
Ford good.

Dodge Bad.

bubble boy
10-19-2002, 03:29 PM
just razzing any dodge boys, of course.

thats hilarious, the salesman. as far as i have read (which isnt much) quadra is only in 1/2 ton.

ask that salesman to find you a snow plow prep equipped, dmax with quadrasteer, with a plow attatched. i can hear him now..."we don't appear to have any in the tri state area but i bet we can order one up with a downpayment in hand":rolleyes:

then start to tell him about better ways to organize his inventory and fleets:D see how he likes it.

Swampbeast
10-25-2002, 12:03 AM
Hmm, I am not so sure about Quadrasteer. I mean, its an awesome concept, but its unproven. I would give them a couple years to perfect it before buying it. Let the soccer moms and those guys that buy a truck cause they think it makes em look tough buy them first, let them be the suckers.
Now, if Quadrasteer was made by Ford, it would be perfected by now. :cool:

Brickman
10-25-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Swampbeast
Now, if Quadrasteer was made by Ford, it would be perfected by now. :cool:

:D :D :D
Be ready to take some discontent from the bow tie crowd.

Swampbeast
10-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Oh yeah, I know! I am just waiting for the vertiable flood to hit me. :D :cool:

bubble boy
10-25-2002, 11:22 AM
if ford made it...if, if, if...

lots of ifs in this world...

if jfk was killed by the CIA

if osama is dead

if jennifer love hewitt is enhanced

all i wanna know is

IF no one is riding shotgun in the F-250 when it loses the race, does its sobbing driver make a noise??????

something tells me brikman is not going to take this lying down...

Swampbeast
10-25-2002, 01:02 PM
The driver would never make a noise, cause the Ford wouldnt lose! Unless of course it had a dipstick of a driver. See, when a Ford loses a race, its not the Fords fault, its the drivers fault.
Jennifer enhanced? Now that would be nice!:blush:
Small note for Brickman, it looks like its clearing up, I should be able to go to the track tomorrow eveing. We shall see!

Brickman
10-26-2002, 12:46 AM
Good luck with the race.

As for the Ford getting his butt whupped, I can't remember when it happened. So the only noise I have heard is the ROAR of the exhaust, and the howling laughter of the driver as another ricer, Didge, or Cheby got whupped on.

This is a lot of fun. But it is all a numbers game. You stroke your truck and it whupps mine. I play with mine, and it whupps yours. You play with yours again and ................................... you get the picture. It is all relative. But still fun. :drinkup:

Swampbeast
10-27-2002, 01:27 AM
Brickman! Okay! I just got back from the track! Another Chevy goes down in flames! Ha! :gunsfirin
My best time with a 10,000 lb trailer in tow on the 1/4 mile track was 21.46 seconds @ 72 MPH. The Chevy 3500's best time was 28.53 seconds @ 68 MPH. Ha ha! Another one bites the dust!
But it doesnt end there, oh no! My friend was rather irate, and the crowd, seeing my truck yank its front tires off the ground, wanted to see more. We happily obliged, and using some 1/2 inch chain, we hooked our beasts up back end to back end, got on the track, and let em rip! It was inconclusive, his tires caught on fire, so we had to stop. Niether one of us managed to drag the other one far enough over the line.
Well, that REALLY got the crowd going, and we had one guy go get his F-250 and challenge me to a tug a war. He had a Triton V-8, and I smoked him badly. By now the crowd is going wild, you dont see this everytime you go to the track. This went on for a while, different people trying thier trucks, not always against me. Then, one big burly fellow said he was gonna go get his "truck" and come kick my ***. I said go right ahead. He came back with an International semi-truck that had a four door cab, and a dump bed that had been fixed up to look like a normal pickup bed! Needless to say, he trompled me pretty bad. That was the only truck I lost to tonight.
The coolest truck out there though was a really old Chevy truck, I dont know what year, I am guessing 50's or 60's, that had a super charged Chevy 540 big block in it that produced an estimated NINE HUNDRED FIFTY HORSEPOWER!!!!! YEAH! now that was an awesome engine.
Anyways, it went quite well tonight. I won again, FORD RULES!

:cool:

bubble boy
10-27-2002, 02:36 AM
sounds fun, but rough on the truck.

i dont think i could bring myself to do that

Brickman
10-27-2002, 07:42 AM
FORD RULES :drinkup:

Sounds fun indeed. I would have loved to been there. I wouldn't be able to do that with my truck. But you have yours set up for racing. I wonder what mine would do in the 1/4 mile. I would do that, but wouldn't want to do the bumper pull.

I half azzed got my propane working on my truck. It will kick even more Cheby butt. You notice a difference. Still needs a touch of fine tuning.

Swampbeast
10-27-2002, 08:59 AM
Its VERY rough on the truck, but thats the beauty of my truck. From the outside, it looks perfectly normal, just a stock F-350 with 35 inch tires on 16 inch rims. But you crack open the hood and I garuantee your eyes will pop out! I've got a Banks Turbo charger upgrade system, some propan injection, a Magna-Flow exhaust (carefully disguised though) and a bunch of other goodies in there. She is rated at 570 Horsepower and 685 Ft/Lb of Torque. Naw, she aint stock. I can burn my tires better than most sports cars, and I can beat most people up to about 60, then thier gearings give them the advantage, and all my torque is useless. But man, what a wonderful way to blast past them! Ha! Another thing, my top speed is 120, stock F-350 is 89 MPH.

:cool:

Brickman
10-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Swamper for what I do I want my HP and torque numbers farther apart. But for what you do you need the HP. Any ricer or other gasser will get me in a start, by a half to a full car length. But when the turbo boost kicks it. They are in the smoke cloud. :D Chicks are alot of fun to race.

The newer models are governed at 96 mph. My Bully Dog chip lifts that so it governs by RPM instead of MPH. I have not been above 110. Another guy I know says he has governed his at 3400 Rs. Estimated speed 138. I told him he was stupid.