PDA

View Full Version : Better (Quick) 36" mowers

cole32
05-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Are Better brand mowers good?

ALC-GregH
05-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Do a quick search. There's threads all about them. I have a dually and like it a lot.
It stripes good too.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/CIMG0290.jpg

AgriCut™
05-31-2011, 09:31 AM
I've made a lot of money with mine! :drinkup:

jason72g
05-31-2011, 12:38 PM
We have a 36" BOP single hydro, and it served us well for a year, until we got our Hustler Zero Turn. Now it doesn't get too much use. I attempted to use it at a house that was slightly overgrown with alot of weeds, blades had just been sharpened, but it wouldn't cut the weeds very well without double cutting.

All in all it was a good buy, I guess the Hustler has us spoiled.

It's great for those nice yards with big gates!

ALC-GregH
05-31-2011, 01:55 PM
We have a 36" BOP single hydro, and it served us well for a year, until we got our Hustler Zero Turn. Now it doesn't get too much use. I attempted to use it at a house that was slightly overgrown with alot of weeds, blades had just been sharpened, but it wouldn't cut the weeds very well without double cutting.

All in all it was a good buy, I guess the Hustler has us spoiled.

It's great for those nice yards with big gates!

These mowers are finish mowers. If it out of control more then a week, my Scag will even miss some. Cut weekly and it gets it all in one pass.

kennc38
05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Had lots of trouble with mine. Broken belts, poor deck, speed adjustment and belt/pulley design IMO. As was mentioned before, do a search on this forum and you can find reviews and opinions.

chuacro
06-01-2011, 01:29 AM
If Gary would have sent the new upgrade blades for my dually 32 I would still have it. You should do what you say. Sold my 32 and bought a Hustler MinI Z and now I am happy and ride.

Exact Rototilling
06-03-2011, 02:26 AM
All my customers love the cut of my BOP mowers.

There are a fair amount of current and past users of BOP mowers who have not used the Single notch hi-lift blades for the 36 deck and have griped about the deck clogging and bagging in spring or damp conditions. You owe to yourself to make a phone call to BOP and order out a set.

The blades you want for the 32 are the Oregon # 91-313
And for the 44 Oregon #91-369....however they will need to be trimmed slightly since they are a tad too long. Blades will ding ding when engaged. Remove then touch up with angle grinder as needed. BOP stocks these Oregon blades and/or they can acquired on the open market. The Q36 single notch Ultra high lift blades are a BOP only item.

On wet days I run exclusively with the Q44 dually with the single notch 91-369 blades and a Ybravo 25. Not sure what it is but the 44 deck stays cleaner in the wet and damp than the 32 or 36 deck.

The cut quality on all BOP mowers is improved when the entire leading edge of the blade is sharpened close to the spindle hole...regardless of blade lift.

**side note hi-jack** Ybravo 25 can mow wet grass like no other. I'm currently testing an alternative non OEM approved blade for the Bravo 25 now that seems to have a better cut in wet grass over the stock blade.