PDA

View Full Version : Scag Wild Cat Question/Forum Complaint

Simsg01
05-31-2011, 04:52 PM
First, let me start with my complaint. I had intended on buying a $3500 ZTR for my own property and hopefully, help my son get into a neighborhood yard business over the next couple of years. After reading entirely too much on this site, I spent over $9K on this Scag. The way I see it is you guys owe me $5500. I take cash or beer.

OK - here is my question/issue. I drove around and picked up every brochure on every commercial/ wanna-be commercial mower around including Scag. The brochure for the Scag clearly states the Wild Cat 61" comes with the suspension seat. My local dealer, being new to the Scag line, didn't know why the brochure said one thing, but the Scag they had in stock has the suspension seat. But, he did agree that the brochure stated it comes with the suspension seat. They said they would be with the manufacturer and get an answer for me today, stating that the brochure amounted to false advertisement so it must just be a mess up at the manufacturer.

I know the odds of me getting a suspension seat now that they have mu cash is slim to none. I just wondred if anyone else ran into this and what do you suggest?

Thanks,

Greg

weeze
05-31-2011, 06:45 PM
if it says it comes with one then it should...if not get a refund...simple as that...or they should put one on it for free.

ALC-GregH
05-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Maybe it was a promotion they had going on.

Owe you? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ed2hess
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Stop crying and go cut grass it don't make that much different I got both. The fancy suspension seat gets all full of dust and debris and I can't get either one of the two to work anymore.l

THG
05-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Wild Cats didn't use to automatically come with a suspension seat unless you ordered the model with it. "SS" in the serial number stood for suspension seat. I have not looked at a Wildcat in a while but would assume if the brochure says it comes with a suspension seat then maybe that is new for 2011 and maybe your's is a 2010?

RTR Landscaping
05-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Scag like all companies run specials from time to time. The suspension seat will be available part of the year on some models. You looked at a brochure before you puchased it and didn't notice there was no suspension seat? You have a Scag Wildcat which is one of the best made and trouble free mowers on the market. As ed2hess said, go enjoy your mower and make some money with it!

topsites
05-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Bzzzzt, wrong answer, you're in the wrong section of the Forum!

TheOctagon
05-31-2011, 11:32 PM
2010 scag wildcat= heavily padded standard seat
2011 scag wildcat= suspension seat

Probably had old stock from the distributor.

Simsg01
05-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Hmmm... I was told it was a 2011?? Where can I check on the machine itself??
Posted via Mobile Device

THG
05-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Get the serial number off the machine and call Scag and ask them.

Simsg01
05-31-2011, 11:52 PM
I found the model number and serial number...

Model STWC61V-26KA-LC

Serial D7101420

I'm not thinking I got took or anything. But, he said it was a 2011 and the brochure says it comes with the suspension seat. I would like to get what I paid for. I have two herniated disc in my neck that were pretty pissed after
Mowing my golpher infested yard.
Posted via Mobile Device

elitelawnteam1
05-31-2011, 11:52 PM
so you are buying this for your kid? Not too sure that anyone needs that expensive of a mower to start out with.

Just my $00.02

THG
06-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Your dealer probably assumed it was a 2011. He buys from a distributor which would move out his oldest inventory first. Your dealer can get this resolved with his distributor pretty easily. Most likely will trade your seat out but you need to check to see if there were any other upgrades in 2011 versus 2010.

Mikegyver
06-01-2011, 12:14 AM
You are local, where did you get it from? LLG in longview is a really good place.
I have a smaller scag and love it....why did you get a 61" that is a huge deck most ET lawns are way to bumpy for that wide a deck.

mike

Simsg01
06-01-2011, 01:17 AM
I'll call he dealer tomorrow and see what they say. I bought the 61" because I have 5 acres and my neighborhood is all 5-10 acre lots. I just fugured it would cut my mow time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mikegyver
06-01-2011, 08:44 AM
That makes sense.
mike

Simsg01
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Well, this is what I found out so far. To my surprise, Scag says they do not have "year models". They said they produce the machines and may have small changes over the course of production, but there is no reference to year models. So, I guess if someone ask your year model, you just tell them when you bought it?

He did confirm that the Scag Wild cat does now come with the suspension seat, but went on to ay that my machine may have been in the distributor's stock for some time. He says the distributor is Texas Outdoor Power and says they are great guys amd might just take care of me on this, but no gaurantees. I guess I will cross my fingers. I have used the machine to mow the yard so I guess returning it and buying one with the seat is likely out of the question.

Also, someone mentioned that this is too much mower to buy for a kid. I agree for the most part. That being said, I am trying to teach my so something. I was homeless at one time. I had nothing. I washed at a rest stop and washed dishes at El Chico while spending my nights in a 1970 Mercury Montego I bought for $150. I want to teach my son to not rely on someone to give him a check. I want him to be an entrepreneur and realize the opportunities he has in front of him. I plan to go with him to help sell his first few jobs. I will show him what it means to provide a fair service for a fair price. I only want him to take on one or two jobs on our street. I think once he realizes that work has its rewards, he will want more. Buying this expensive mower, while also having a Craftsman rider will teach him that some times paying for quality is worth it.

Anyway, this is not a spoiled child story. This is a lesson that in my mind will pay for itself many times over. AND, part of the deal is that he pays a percentage of his earnings to pay for his capital (mower, wead eater, edger, blower etc).

Hawkshot99
06-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I want to teach my son to not rely on someone to give him a check.

I am sorry I just find that to be funny. To make him not rely on others, you get him a $10k mower.....

Simsg01
06-01-2011, 11:05 PM
It is my mower. He will pay a portion of his earnings to use it.
Posted via Mobile Device