PDA

View Full Version : Tyler's Lawn Maitenance Work and Equipment

michiganmower10
05-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Alright, well i have been cutting grass since i was 11. Im still is Highschool and I have one year left. Most of my stuff is my dads old stuff or Im borowing like the trailer and truck, but come mid june i should have a 6.5X14 tandem that i will be buying. I tryed to advertise this year but only got 3 accounts from fliers and yard signs. I use shindaiwa trimmers and a redmax blower along with a ferris walk behind. Besides that i have a craftsman edger and self-propelled trim mower.
More photos to come, srry these are from my phone.

Feel free to comment and give advice!

bobcat48
05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Looks great,nice setup!

michiganmower10
05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
thanks bobcat! i hoping for alot of new equipment this year, New blower, stick edger and trimmer possibly...at the moment the T-230 is in pieces, im trying to rebuild it, not sure what to do, it has a list of things wrong with it. And hoping for a zero turn by the end of the year. Odly enough i have been picking up more landscaping and mulch jobs than lawns. Any advice on getting more houses? i understand the season has started already but any help would be apprieciated.

michiganmower10
05-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Looks great,nice setup!

Looks like you have a preety good setup too, how big are the lots around you?

bobcat48
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Looks like you have a preety good setup too, how big are the lots around you?

Thank you,yeah it works great for now.id say around 1500 sq ft and up to an acre and yeah for getting accounts never done door to door and flyers and all that i plan on doing some cards from vistaprint soon and i get work from word of mouth i do alot of one time accounts on top of regular accounts i get pretty busy with that:usflag:

michiganmower10
06-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Thank you,yeah it works great for now.id say around 1500 sq ft and up to an acre and yeah for getting accounts never done door to door and flyers and all that i plan on doing some cards from vistaprint soon and i get work from word of mouth i do alot of one time accounts on top of regular accounts i get pretty busy with that:usflag:

yeah houses by me range from 1/2 an acre up large amounts like 10, right now i have one house that is an acre, and two more that have 2.5 acres so i keep busy plus i also pick up some one time accounts as well

bobcat48
06-01-2011, 06:50 PM
yeah houses by me range from 1/2 an acre up large amounts like 10, right now i have one house that is an acre, and two more that have 2.5 acres so i keep busy plus i also pick up some one time accounts as well

Yeah,thats great very nice:usflag

michiganmower10
06-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Yeah,thats great very nice:usflag

what hand helds do you prefer? looks like you have a variety, i run shindaiwa's and im hoping to be picking up a T-261 this saturday :cool2:

bobcat48
06-01-2011, 09:08 PM
what hand helds do you prefer? looks like you have a variety, i run shindaiwa's and im hoping to be picking up a T-261 this saturday :cool2:

Thanks haha i love them all i just picked up the husqvarna 128ld at lowes very nice for 200 with a trimmer and free edger around april and my echo trimmer and blower are great and same with the stihl blower and ryobi hedge trimmer didnt need a new one for the limited use it sees..and very nice heard good things about shindys,that is very kool:usflag:goodluck with that just got out of schhol today yeahh buddy:cool2:

michiganmower10
06-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks haha i love them all i just picked up the husqvarna 128ld at lowes very nice for 200 with a trimmer and free edger around april and my echo trimmer and blower are great and same with the stihl blower and ryobi hedge trimmer didnt need a new one for the limited use it sees..and very nice heard good things about shindys,that is very kool:usflag:goodluck with that just got out of schhol today yeahh buddy:cool2:

lucky i still have another week and a half:cry: but yeah shindys are good but i dont think id use anything but redmax for blowers, but im not as a big of a shindaiwa fan since they were bought out by echo, once that happened they dropped all the good models, the T-242 is alright but id take the T-230 any day out of the week, stupid epa:hammerhead:

bobcat48
06-01-2011, 09:54 PM
lucky i still have another week and a half:cry: but yeah shindys are good but i dont think id use anything but redmax for blowers, but im not as a big of a shindaiwa fan since they were bought out by echo, once that happened they dropped all the good models, the T-242 is alright but id take the T-230 any day out of the week, stupid epa:hammerhead:

Haha thats kool,im sure u are counting down the days lol..oh ok yeah i always liked redmax blowers too seem real good maybe one day i will get one alone with the long list bluebird dethatcher,stander,aerator alot more lol..haha yeah looking at getting the truck and trailer first which hopefully will come fall or end of this year like winter time around there got some money saved up for it looking at ford,chevy and dodge really like fords:weightlifter:

michiganmower10
06-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Haha thats kool,im sure u are counting down the days lol..oh ok yeah i always liked redmax blowers too seem real good maybe one day i will get one alone with the long list bluebird dethatcher,stander,aerator alot more lol..haha yeah looking at getting the truck and trailer first which hopefully will come fall or end of this year like winter time around there got some money saved up for it looking at ford,chevy and dodge really like fords:weightlifter:

yeah i am man, its getting so close, i have some jobs i literally cant fit in, i got my license but not my own truck yet so i gotta work my schedule around everyone elses, i like fords too..especially the mid 90s F-250s-350s, those are my favorites, and yeah i have a long list-shindaiwa T-272, T-261, LE-261(basically any older model shindaiwa) along with some shindy hedge clippers and some type of chainsaw, and then some redmax BP blowers, like i said hopefully a new trailer in june and god willing a zero turn by end of summer :weightlifter:

j-ville native
06-01-2011, 11:50 PM
blow the grass off the ferris son

michiganmower10
06-02-2011, 08:29 AM
blow the grass off the ferris son

oh believe me i did lol, just cleaned it up yesterday, blades, air filter and ill be changing the oil tommorow, it was very overgrown house i did late last year, just found a old photo:laugh:

bobcat48
06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
yeah i am man, its getting so close, i have some jobs i literally cant fit in, i got my license but not my own truck yet so i gotta work my schedule around everyone elses, i like fords too..especially the mid 90s F-250s-350s, those are my favorites, and yeah i have a long list-shindaiwa T-272, T-261, LE-261(basically any older model shindaiwa) along with some shindy hedge clippers and some type of chainsaw, and then some redmax BP blowers, like i said hopefully a new trailer in june and god willing a zero turn by end of summer :weightlifter:

Yeah thats kool,very nice sounds good:usflag:

Green Industry Pro
06-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I guess I should join the teen scene (I'm 17, 18 soon) lol...First off, very very nice work man. I'll try to get some pics of my work / equipment uploaded soon. I'm trying to save up for a new, larger trailer. I just got a Redmax ebz8001 blower, and I will tell you guys...it is a monster. Its waaay overkill for light summer jobs, but I'm using it year round so it will pay me back during the fall cleanups. I also want to get another Shindy trimmer and aside from a larger trailer, I want to get a 36" walk or a ztr. Best of luck with you both, and since school is over..we get to have fun all summer lol. Except for me, because where I live, it has been 100+ degrees outside everyday this week.:usflag::usflag:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

bobcat48
06-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks green industry,you have a very nice setup.very kool on the redmax blower and wish you the best of luck to you also,ohh yes haha yeahhh man.

michiganmower10
06-02-2011, 09:05 PM
nice T-242 and congradulations on the blower, im thinking about getting the slightly smaller EBZ7150, and my dad use to have two snappers but after years of getting the living crap beat out of them they died lol, they were only home owner models. and good luck to you both as well! looks like i will be putting off getting the new trimmer for a week, too dam busy

michiganmower10
08-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Just an update, just bought a 1999 GMC Yukon yesterday, feels good to own my own truck, i know SUV's are not as proffesional as a pickup but its a start and hopefully next year ill buy a truck, but like i said its a start and hopefully will run for a long time, i bought it with 200K miles but we new the owner and he put a **** ton of work to the truck within the last 45K miles so it was a good deal, pics in the next few days, hopefully everyones season is going well!!!