PDA

View Full Version : Mower Opinions

calvinslawnservices
05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
I am looking for opinions on 2 mowers:

Toro Proline 52"
Very nice toro proline hydro mower has low hours runs good mows good fresh tune up and almost new blades Very nice commercial mower with low hours on 20 HP kohler command engine runs and mows great has jungle wheels to ride on $1450

1999 EXMARK HYDRO TURF TRACER 60"
SPINDELS ARE ALL TIGHT , HYDROS ARE VERY RESPONSIVE , ELECTRIC START , PISTOL GRIP STEERING,CUTS AND STRIPES NICELY, TIRES ARE ALL IN GOOD SHAPE , VERY STRONG MOWER $1500.00

I am looking for opinions on these mowers. I am leaning towards the proline because I already have the same proline except belt instead of hydro.

Any opinions, common problems, easy of use or anything else. Would be great!

Thanks,
Cal

Mikegyver
05-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Exmark....
mike

gibbonsballer10
06-01-2011, 12:08 AM
toro, t-bar steering is the best compared to all walk behinds, that is the main reason I will always only buy toro walk behinds

calvinslawnservices
06-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Gibbons have you used the T Bar with hydro? I have heard it is a little jumpy.

SNAPPER MAN
06-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

DIXIECONTRACTING
06-01-2011, 10:12 AM
EXMARK never any problems with my 48 Hydro Viking.

tuffram
06-01-2011, 10:26 AM
toro, t-bar steering is the best compared to all walk behinds, that is the main reason I will always only buy toro walk behinds

Toro makes Exmark they are basically the same on the commercial side of mowers.

gibbonsballer10
06-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Gibbons have you used the T Bar with hydro? I have heard it is a little jumpy.

They dont make a t bar hydro, its a twin lever

gibbonsballer10
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Toro makes Exmark they are basically the same on the commercial side of mowers.

yes i know they are basically the same, but exmark does not make a t-bar or else I would probably buy an exmark also, that's the only reason I don't have an exmark walk behind

Mikegyver
06-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Really? Made by Toro? Are you sure? Big difference between the 2. I doubt it, exmark really is a finer machine.
mike

tuffram
06-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Really? Made by Toro? Are you sure? Big difference between the 2. I doubt it, exmark really is a finer machine.
mike

Yes, I am sure they are 100% owned and made by Toro a vast majority of the parts are interchangeable between the two.

PL&L
06-01-2011, 08:53 PM
yep, exmark IS made by toro. i asked my exmark dealer when i bought mine. i believe exmark bought out toro... not positive about that part. i think i would go towards the toro but like ive seen sooo many times on here.. what one guy likes, another will hate just because of how you operate it. ALL up to YOUR preference. Honestly I find that after a while of cutting with my Turf Tracer, it starts to hurt my wrists.

gibbonsballer10
06-01-2011, 09:21 PM
mike

toro owns exmark, compare two walk behinds or two zero turns and all of the parts on them, bet you can hardly tell the difference. Its kind of like toyota and lexus. One of the lexus models is just a decked out camry, same with the exmark and toro

calvinslawnservices
06-01-2011, 11:01 PM
yep, exmark IS made by toro. i asked my exmark dealer when i bought mine. i believe exmark bought out toro... not positive about that part. i think i would go towards the toro but like ive seen sooo many times on here.. what one guy likes, another will hate just because of how you operate it. ALL up to YOUR preference. Honestly I find that after a while of cutting with my Turf Tracer, it starts to hurt my wrists.

I am trying them out on friday to see, I have a proline now and the t-bar hurts my wrist because I have to apply so much pressure to the bar to get me to move. I am quite a large person and the belt drive isn't cutting it anymore. So we will see.