PDA

View Full Version : paver patio

coryc_23
05-31-2011, 09:08 PM
I have a guy that called me up tonight wanting a esimate on a paver patio job and what i have run into is he bought the pavers and needs them layed havent done to many so was sure how to price the job. didnt know if you just price by the hour or still by the square foot when they have pavers thanks for your time

DVS Hardscaper
05-31-2011, 09:16 PM
it depends

nepatsfan
05-31-2011, 09:30 PM
If people want to buy their own materials.....I typically don't want to deal with them because they are cheap. It is just one of those tell tale signs that you are dealing with a cheapskate... I would charge them the same or more as I would if he didn't buy the materials just because I know he would be a pita. Now if this guy bought all his own stuff he also has called 30 comapanies to give him an estimate.

The one time where this doesn't apply is if the homeowner tries to do it himself and realizes he can't. The pricing stays the same, but it might not be because he was cheap...he just thought he could do it.

In other words.......it depends

DVS Hardscaper
05-31-2011, 09:39 PM
lol - the guy needs pricing help, not a lecture!

We'll install whatever. You wanna buy products - then go right on ahead. Give me a deposit and make payment draws as scheduled and thats all that matters.

nepatsfan
05-31-2011, 09:49 PM
My main issue with the customer buying materials is running short and holding us up.

Bru75
05-31-2011, 11:19 PM
I can't give you a dollar amount, but I charge more for labor only. This is to make up for the material markup you won't be getting. Just be sure your costs (including overhead) are covered and you should make out ok.

DVS Hardscaper
06-01-2011, 05:26 AM
My main issue with the customer buying materials is running short and holding us up.

umm....are you serious?

You don't just say "ok, go get 'em"!

You tell them WHAT TO BUY. You give them a shopping list.

coryc_23
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I dont know what the deal is yet my good friend went over and jackhammer the old concrete and i guess the guy has the pavers sitting there dont know if he cant do it or just wants it done by a contractor im not sure going to look at the job. i normally buy the product and install and charge for it

DVS Hardscaper
06-01-2011, 12:07 PM
You'll have to estimate how long everything will take and produce a price from there.

Money is money. If someone wants to pay me for us to drive in circles around the Walmart all day long - we'll do it.

Scapers are not the brightest bunch of people and tend to carry big heads. Who cares if someone buys the product. Go install it and collect a check.

Plow snow???? Well, do you insist on supplying the snow??

,[/QUOTE]
Posted via Mobile Device

CheapScapesNC
06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
First, make sure he is not using crappy pavers. If he is, I would pass on the job - when they crack and fail down the road he will blame you and say it was because of how they were installed.

If he has the right quality pavers, estimate the job like you were doing the wholething - including supplying the pavers. Then just subtract out the cost of the pavers and that s the bid you give him

bobcat0410
06-15-2011, 11:35 PM
I was wondering if my price is where it should be at on a patio. The size of the patio is 10x16=160 sq ft. Using Ep Henry Old Towne Cobble pavers came out to be 3650. I work in the Pa area right outside of the city of Philadelphia roughly 15 mins out of there

SVA_Concrete
06-16-2011, 05:39 PM
i would say $9,423.55

land_scaper70
06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Go install it and collect a check.

Plow snow???? Well, do you insist on supplying the snow??

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

Love it:clapping: It is all about quality work and the mighty dollar, make yours.