PDA

View Full Version : Echo pas-225

RedOwl
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
New here, and have all sorts of questions - but I'll start with an easy one.

Does anyone have any experience with the ECHO PAS-225 kit that comes with a trimmer and blower? I would be using it on approximately 4 acres of personal and neighboring properties. I won't be using it for commercial purposes, but I will get a fair amount of use out of the trimmer, and an average amount of use out of the blower attachment.
Does the 225 have enough power to do the job, and last me a long time? Because it's just for personal use, I'd hate to break the bank on a trimmer/blower, but I'd also hate to spend $300 on something I'm going to overwork and have die on me within 5 or 6 years.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

tuffram
06-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I have the pas 225 I use the edger attachment and occasionally the trimmer attachment on it. The trimmer should serve your purpose very well but the blower attachment is very underpowered for doing fall leaves it would be ok for blowing the grass off the driveway but that is about it. If you will have, some serious fall cleanup I would suggest you buy a midgrade backpack blower.

Poontamer
06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Its only good for trimming,and I also notice its hard to star when it gets worked throughout the hot days
Posted via Mobile Device

h2oskier
06-01-2011, 07:15 PM
I purchased the pas 225 about 6 months ago use it with the edger attachment only, as i did not purchase it as the package. Works real well for a lower price alternative to a one specific use item. As far as starting in hot weather is concerned, i haven't had any issues with it and its been over 105 here already.